Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1980s PICKWICK TELL A TALE LADYBIRD HORROR CLASSICS: DRACULA

Originally posted by Shu View Post
    Is this thread dead??? Could anyone help? Or point me in the right direction?

cheers
    Hi Shu,

Please see PM I have sent you... Thanks

Comment

I'd love to hear Dracula's Guest/The Haunted Doll's House again. Would bring back some fantastic childhood memories.

Comment

Hi just PM'd you

Comment

Hi all! I just stumbled across this forum and I do hope that people still look in now and again. I would dearly love any and all digital recordings that I can get my hands on from these stories, especially the classics. I had maybe 50 as a child and now every time I hear one of the pieces of classical music from the intros I remember the cassette and try once again (so far in vain) to get hold of copies for my son (he's 7). Especially as I'm living in Germany these days, I'd love to be able to give him the connection to English literature which I developed from listening to those tapes for hours!
          Really appreciate any help that can be given!

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi!
            Just sent you a message with details.

Comment

Hi,

Like many others just found this thread. Fondly remember the Ladybird books with the Audio tapes - great stories and music. Have managed to find Treasure Island, but cannot find The Lost World or Famous Legends Book 1 (with the Minotaur).

Any help finding these - especially The Lost World would be greatly appreciated.
              Thanks.

Comment

Hi there,

Im new to this forum, and i stumbled across these books which i had when i was 6. I dont know what happened to them but i really enjoyed the hound of the baskervilles and frankenstein, and i wud love to hear them again and let my 7yr old son hear them aswell. If anybody could help me acquire these i would be eternally grateful.

Thanx Alot!!

Comment

Hi! New to the forums.
                  I remember being riveted by that reading of 'Dracula's Guest' and 'Haunted Doll's House'​
                  Especially Dracula's Guest! The reader... the music... all so evocative.

I don't know where I lost the tape but if anyone has a copy, I'd love to hear it again!

Comment

Hi new to site and eager to find links to downloads of the pickwick tell a tale. I have copies of Christmas carol , hound of the baskervilles, the three musketeers and the horror range. if anyone wishes copies let me know and if any one has downloads of lost world, journey to centre of the earth, oliver Cromwell and any others I would be most grateful.

Comment

Hi Swan, just sent you a message.

Comment

Many thanks to pazuzu for message and link. A Treasure trove of the tell a tale series. I followed the instructions and was able to download the stories. Does any one remember the adventures in history range I am looking for oliver Cromwell audio. If anyone knows how to get copies of tale of two cities , kidnapped ?

Comment

Originally posted by pazuzu View Post
                          Hi guys!
                          Joe - for information on Journey to the Centre of the Earth music, go here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA713D56DF83EB4DD
                          This playlist is obsolete it seems - any idea what this music is, I absolutely love it!

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi it's Wagner Rienzi Overture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Jj...OtivniQbtWXPgX

Comment

Hi I'm pleased to find this thread and see that other people remember this series of Ladybird dramatisations from early 80s, I had some on tape at the time and would love to hear them again, I wonder if anyone has any downloads and are willing to share, would be very interested to know if recordings are still around as have been unable to find anyone selling them online, many thanks if you can help, Graham

Comment

Originally posted by graham78 View Post
                                Hi I'm pleased to find this thread and see that other people remember this series of Ladybird dramatisations from early 80s, I had some on tape at the time and would love to hear them again, I wonder if anyone has any downloads and are willing to share, would be very interested to know if recordings are still around as have been unable to find anyone selling them online, many thanks if you can help, Graham
                                Some of these have surfaced on YouTube:

The Mummy
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSX0fugsxq8

Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ymaj7nBg1k

Dracula
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVDRrEyXu_I

The Hound of the Baskervilles
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LC2fpaIx4g

As far as I can see, only Frankenstein is missing from YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X