No announcement yet.

Kidspeak. Odd words we used as kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kidspeak. Odd words we used as kids?

I've been trying to remember words for ages, the only ones I can remember so far are:

Nectar or Nectar Peach for something that is good

or

Chinny for being a liar
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Chin cough.My mum used to say"Don't sit on that cold step,yer'll get chin cough.Still don't know if I ever caught it or not
      Something else she used to say was "'cos of them railings"
      If I ever asked why I couldn't do something or have some sweets she'd say"Cos of them railings."When I asked what railings?She'd reply"Them round ''Anley Park"This seemed like a good enough reason to me so the subject was dropped.Anyone else heard of that one?

Comment

Originally posted by SG1973 View Post
        If someone was pleased with themsleves we used to say "Do you want a chuffty badge?"
        If someone was boasting we'd ask them 'Do you want a medal, or a chest to stick it on?'

Back in the primary school playground you could get yourself temporary immunity within a game like tag or chain-he or stuck-in-the-mud by crossing your fingers and declairing 'fainites!' (crossing your fingers was an integral part of the deal, it didn't work otherwise!)

And I never knew what it meant until I looked it up just now

Comment

" Done" = dont tell of me I'll get "done".
          "Do"= Stop it or I'll "Do" you.

Dont know what made me think of these sayings today, But deffo odd speak.
          Heather

Comment

"Twosies or Dibs" Wanting to go halves or share something
            "Bags it" When picking something , or "I bags the red one"
            Heather

Comment

my girl always makes me pinky promise, apparently you can NEVER go back on them
              and you have to shake with your little fingers
              sigpic

Comment

Aww thats so cute.
                Heather

Comment

"squitsies" for when you had your fingers crossed and couldn't be "it".

"Spam" to describe someone's forehead and also the act of slapping them on it.
                  I remember myself and my bro calling our cousin "Mekon" as he had a massive spam (9cms). We once tape recorded different objects hitting his spam with introductions, i.e. "this is a ruler" slap. "this is a moccasin" SLAP, the moccasin was best.
                  We also created words for hitting the other parts of the head based on rearranging the letters of SPAM. The back of the head was MAPS, the sides were AMPS, and the top was plain old douche.

"Reckon" with the chin stroke was also "chinny reckon" and "Jimmy Hill" when you didn't believe someone.

"turn around, touch the ground, baggsy not it" when playing "it". Which also brings up "Baggsy" or "Baggsies" when claiming something.

adding "infinity" and "roman candles" after "pinch punch, first day of the month, no returns" in the vain hope that the receiver couldn't give you a "pinch and a kick for being so quick".

Of course we got in serious trouble if one of the teachers heard us call someone a "Joey" never mind doing the actions.

Comment

OMG thanks mulletino, at our school "squitsies" just meant it could not be you, you were void from all blame, of what had happened(trumps etc) if you said it first, I posted on this thread about it months ago,I'm sure that was it, Cheers mate.
                    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                      at our school "squitsies" just meant it could not be you, you were void from all blame, of what had happened(trumps etc) if you said it first,
                      I think it also meant the same at mine, it made you exempt from anything.

Comment

Just thought of another one:

"Ner nicky ner ner" said with (or without) thumb to nose.

Comment

Working...
                        X