Monster Fun

Heather

Comment

donut

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
        Caught my eye

Monster Fun
        Never had the Monster Fun comic, it was always Beezer, Beano Dandy and Topper, but I had 2000AD for the longest, I do have a couple of monster fun annuals tho

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beezer+010172+001.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	295107 Click image for larger version

Name:	desperate-dan-the-dandy-comic-7340-p.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	295108
        Attached Files
        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

There were so many comics with Girls' names for titles (Tracy, Penny, Judy, Tammy, Tina), and then they'd combine and would sound like some kind of hillbilly name sometimes. I never understood the name Bunty though... was there ever some poor thing living with that for her first or even last name? Shades of Prunella Scales! Bunty sounds too much like Binty... should have been titled Mary after the Four Marys strip.

I think Whizzer and Chips was the best all-around comic paper!
          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Bunty sounds like the sort of nickname a girl at a boarding school would get. My sister used to read Twinkle when she was young.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I assume that "Whizzer" and "Chips" were two separate comics before they merged? - one comic that comes to mind is Nutty, which merged with the Dandy, and was briefly called Dandy and Nutty?

A lot of girls' comics (as well as magazines - think Jackie) had girls' names on them - not too many boys' names on comic titles, apart from Victor. Even Dandy was a girls' name (think Dandy Nichols).
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Wizzer and chips was my regular then the Beezer as my favorite strip was the numskulls. As I got older I transitioned to the victor, reading it at one of my mums friends house who had two older sons.
                I then went on to Action , this was later banned because of the violence it depicted. It returned later but was incorporated with Battle comic, was toned down and was never the same. I had kept every issue and sold them on eBay a few years ago

Comment

I think Whizzer & Chips was always a single comic, though there was an older unrelated comic called Illustrated Chips.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I thought the same, that Whizzer and Chips were separate at one time... must be a website that could tell us!
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I thought that the "And" bit in the name indicated that it was a merger of two comics.

In around 1987, I had Action Force; a schoolfriend had Transformers, and around 1988, they merged so we had the same comic, and a year after that, it merged with something else.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                      X