Home decor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home decor

My Aunt & Uncle had artex on their ceilings in the 1980s, which looked like a lot of enlarged records & fingerprints stuck on & painted white.

It was still there over 25+ years later.

My parents had a thing for anaglipta (sp) wallpaper, our lounge had 2-3 coats of paint put on it before they decided to have it removed in the mid 1990s, which took some doing as it was so thick.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My great aunt had the circular record-shaped artex on the stair wall in waves like fish scales. Nasty stuff!

The place I work now is an old building that has not been decorated since the 70's. Walked in on my first day and had to smile when I saw the same anaglypta wall paper in the corridors that my parents had (and still have) in their living room. I grew up with that pattern and have not seen it anywhere else. Huge waves of nostalgia!

To my utter surprise, you can still buy it!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	RD0602.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	260425
      Last edited by Trickyvee; 06-08-2013, 17:16.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

At one time (I'm guessing late 1970s-80s) slightly textured geometric paper was in fashion. My parents had some that was just stripes in our hall, but there were some with fancier patterns.

The flat wallpaper in the early series of Only Fools & Horses is a good example, Del must have got an end of line batch from Fads!
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Artex - Very unforgiving on the knuckles when working on a ceiling light or fan junction box.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            The flat wallpaper in the early series of Only Fools & Horses is a good example, Del must have got an end of line batch from Fads!
            I remember my uncle had textured red and gold striped paper in his flat. I remember it looked the same as the wallpaper used in the pub on only fools & horses (and in many other pubs).

Comment

What about those polysterene tiles on the ceilings fire hazard now,stick on tiles on the kitchen floor in green and yellow

Comment

Originally posted by the fox View Post

Cheese plants and rubber plants as accessories.
                I wanted to buy a cheese plant and now they are really hard to find. Garden centres don't seem to stock them. Wonder why they have disappeared? Good old rubber plants are still available.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

i remember my uncle having woodchip wallpaper its good stuff for warmth but if you want to remove it its a nightmare as we know.

at home we just have plain white wallpaper nothing special does the job.
                  in fact home is pretty much the same wallpaper wise as it was 25 yrs ago.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

When I get a new house i'm going full retro.
                    Classic burnt brown & orange colour schemes.

And lots of flock wallpaper in my games room & movie room.

Comment

patterned carpets sideboards polished tables and chairs mirrors above mantelpieces on a chain mantel clocks

Comment

id do the same if i could afford it
                        can i come over when its finished.

id have wallpaper with mario on it samus, link, zelda and ganondorf etc.

and lots of wallpaper featuring hammer films chris lee peter cushing and the nasties.
                        be expensive to get this made though.

would be so worth it as your imaginationcould go wild on what to have on it.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                          What about those polysterene tiles on the ceilings fire hazard now,stick on tiles on the kitchen floor in green and yellow
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT7chxB45Ms

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post

I always said if I were rich I would have an arcade room in the basement, combined with a groovy 70's lounge room - all chocolate brown and orange, replete with big corner sofa, a swirly carpet , a huge lava lamp and a decent 70's turntable & amp. Oh yeah.

Comment

My dad built our fireplace - it had a couple of 'nooks' to put ornamets in and two built in 'seats'!

Comment

Thank you pc66

Comment

Working...
                                X