Wet Wet Wet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Wet Wet

Is any other members big fans of Wet Wet Wet? I have always liked them for years and years - right from being into music in the early 90s. There has been some good groups since ... and bad one's yeah, but when I look at Wet Wet Wet's first few Albums they just had hit song after hit song on them and i think that is why i've always rated them very very much as not many bands can get close to such perfection with great soing after great song, some bands create Albums with god-average-good song's on in such a way - but I even think that is not regular.

Poped In Souled Out got amazing reviews I recall reading years after, and is easilyone of their best I feel ... at least until their "Greatest Hits .... End Of Part 1! Album. Such a shame a part 2 never existed - but I guess that is a price you pay for perfection is they sure had in their heyday!

Re: Wet Wet Wet

I quite liked them for most of the time they were around.

Wet X 3 (my bother used to write that to save space on tape labels!) were lucky to be musically skilled enough not to be catagorised with the SAW style pop that was onipresent at the time.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

There was a 'reforming' article on the mail website last week and they've struggled since their fame dissapeared- drugs, alcohol addiction, wife beating, and the rest. Must be hard to go from a beloved pop outfit to a national joke, especially when the public turns on you over your massive success! I can only think of Sweet Little Mystery, what were their other hits?
      I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

i have to say i did like them a lot.
        the song love is all around is a real favourite of mine as are other songs.

cant see why they are considered a joke now.

did they write their own songs chav.
        even if they did not they where very good singers for sure.,
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I think that Wet Wet Wet wrote their own song's or co-wwrote possibly if not Darren. I like a lot of their early stuff like Angle Eyes and Sweet Surrender but even their mid 90s stuff before the split for the first time was great too. Julia Say's was great for the era I think too.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            I think that Wet Wet Wet wrote their own song's or co-wwrote possibly if not Darren. I like a lot of their early stuff like Angle Eyes and Sweet Surrender but even their mid 90s stuff before the split for the first time was great too. Julia Say's was great for the era I think too.
            i knew they split once but they split again u say.
            you say rthery split for the first time which makes me thinmk they split again.

i will give them an extra bit of credit for writing or co writing therre songs.

its very hard to do.

i have to say ive not heard many of there songs but sweet surrender iove heard of.

Comment

a wee bit more info.

they formed at clydebank high school in clydebank scotland in 1982.
              under the name vortex motion.
              It was crime the dole football or music and we chose music said Cunningham.

never realised they where scottish.

Comment

I really liked their first few singles which were quite pop sounding. Later,I think they seemed to change direction, and aim for a more adult market so they kinda lost me after that.
                I remember buying the 7'' of Angel Eyes, and a double 7'' vinyl gatefold thing of Sweet Little Mystery (I think) - it had a decent B side titled I Can Give You Everything.
                Marti Pellow has a very good voice - I enjoyed him on Just The Two Of Us (where he was paired with Hannah Waterman ?)

Comment

Working...
                X