Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I get used by this person because I'm too nice?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I get used by this person because I'm too nice?

Hi.

I finally got reunited with a woman who I met when I was 19 years old. I'm 26 now and she's 25. I went through a lot of trouble to find this person and I wish things had been better than they've been lately.

After a week of this person being back in my life, I got her an iPod to please her, as I thought she was going to leave me if I didn't buy her one. I know you should never have to buy anything for somebody out of fear of being ditched, but I did get her this iPod, just to keep her at my side. However, I was short of cash and took it out on credit.

Well, our relationship was not to last. We started fighting on the phone either in calls or texts and she made all these excuses not to see me. Her own mother refused to listen to me on Facebook. One day when I saw her and she said her iPod was not working, I looked at it and discovered the dock part was broken. It looks like it was deliberately damaged, but she insists she doesn't know how it ended up that way. I'm having to pay to first get it examined and then get it repaired (if it can be amended). However, why should she get it back?

She got a new boyfriend recently and broke up with him. Her other ex keeps on contacting her. I'm getting sick of her just using me and no matter what I say or do to try and please her, nothing sinks in. I don't know where I stand anymore. Even tried to dine her to win her back, but she isn't interested at all. And if you know anything about spare tyres, you know I'll just be used and used up.

Re: Do I get used by this person because I'm too nice?

Originally posted by batman View Post
    Hi.

I finally got reunited with a woman who I met when I was 19 years old. I'm 26 now and she's 25. I went through a lot of trouble to find this person and I wish things had been better than they've been lately.

After a week of this person being back in my life, I got her an iPod to please her, as I thought she was going to leave me if I didn't buy her one. I know you should never have to buy anything for somebody out of fear of being ditched, but I did get her this iPod, just to keep her at my side. However, I was short of cash and took it out on credit.

Well, our relationship was not to last. We started fighting on the phone either in calls or texts and she made all these excuses not to see me. Her own mother refused to listen to me on Facebook. One day when I saw her and she said her iPod was not working, I looked at it and discovered the dock part was broken. It looks like it was deliberately damaged, but she insists she doesn't know how it ended up that way. I'm having to pay to first get it examined and then get it repaired (if it can be amended). However, why should she get it back?

She got a new boyfriend recently and broke up with him. Her other ex keeps on contacting her. I'm getting sick of her just using me and no matter what I say or do to try and please her, nothing sinks in. I don't know where I stand anymore. Even tried to dine her to win her back, but she isn't interested at all. And if you know anything about spare tyres, you know I'll just be used and used up.
    All I can say is "move on". She sounds like a very spoilt, ungrateful person who is not worth your time and effort. There are plenty of other women out there who would be glad to have your company, you've just got to look a bit harder.

Maybe next time play a bit harder on your next partner - unfortunately people who are too nice and altruistic do tend to get screwed over more than anybody else. Sad, but that's the way the world is. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by batman View Post
      Hi.

Hey dude, as FPMan said " Forget Her!! and move on " I made a right tit of myself chasing after a gurl when I was 17 ( not too much of a tit, but a tit none the less )
      That was the one and only time I have done that, By the sounds of it, this Lass doesn't know what she wants?? There are better ones out there
      ( one's who want a steady relationship ) You've Just gotta keep your eyes open!!
      and for Gawds sake, stop spending your cash and waisting your energy on Her, You'll thank us in the long run
      DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Don't be such a doormat. Don't be eager to please anybody unless they are paying you. People are out for what they can get, and unfortunately you just got gotten. Don't let it happen again.

Comment

RE:Do I get used by this person because I'm too nice?

Surely at 26 years old you can answer this question yourself without the help of total strangers!
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
            RE:Do I get used by this person because I'm too nice?

Surely at 26 years old you can answer this question yourself without the help of total strangers!
            I think he knew the answer.he was just getting it off his chest.Remember cobber,if somebody is using you they will continue to do so until you put a stop to it.Forget about people.People are basically nasty.Animals are easier to make friends with and stay friends for life.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
              People are basically nasty.Animals are easier to make friends with and stay friends for life.
              I've always felt that. Well said.

On topic to put it flat blunt: Shes a cow. Shes a user and shes a b--tch. If I were you I'd even try and get your cash back off her for the i-pod, better yet, once its repaired, give it a good clean and sell it - get your cash back, stick it on the credit and get rid of the credit too. Then, delete the cows phone number etc and if you ever see her in the street again blank her - if she tries to chat oneday tell her where to go in no uncertain terms. You've been too nice to an ungrateful user.

Comment

I really feel sorry for you Batman, though it's not my place to comment on what you asked about you saying about you being used I feel, sorry. I can understand how you feel (or I hope I can) as I had a similar experience with a Women - well we met at College and from 1995 or 1996 I never saw her again for 7 Years, but it never worked out sadly, as I had hoped (though if you want to PM as I don't want to say too much here), i'd help/try to be a listening ear if you desired. I would'nt be offended if you did'nt want to, it's your call entirley.

80sChav
                Last edited by 80sChav; 21-04-2012, 22:20.

Comment

I think everybody is more or less saying the same thing. I hope batman finds all your advice helpful.
                  But I think its time to move on. Thread closed by huggie74.
                  Heather

Comment

Working...
                  X