what should be banned today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should be banned today?

What things would you like to see banned that currently aren't?

Re: Things that got banned

Originally posted by fatpizzaman View Post
    What things would you like to see banned that currently aren't?
    Pyjamas in public.

Comment

Re: what should be banned today?

Spitting in public.

Comment

Jeans being worn so low that you get more than an eyeful of unsightly boxer shorts...

Comment

Anyone who thinks Steve Jobs of Apple was some sort of Messianic figure - he was just a shrewd git who got others to make it all for him, and he looked smug. I also didn't give a hoot when he died, all that 'outpouring of grief' over a greedy billionaire...

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Spitting in public.
            Seconded

Vile

I'll add..shapeless grey jogging pants

Comment

Originally posted by cockneykid1962 View Post
              Jeans being worn so low that you get more than an eyeful of unsightly boxer shorts...

one thing i really cant stand.

and yes spitting as well.
              a terrible thing.

underage drinking.
              supermarkets selling drink.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                Anyone who thinks Steve Jobs of Apple was some sort of Messianic figure - he was just a shrewd git who got others to make it all for him, and he looked smug. I also didn't give a hoot when he died, all that 'outpouring of grief' over a greedy billionaire...
                Seconded

Although I am planning a candle lit vigil when the Chairman of hotpoint pops his cloggs

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                  Spitting in public.
                  Totally agree. A dirty horrible habit! Also people who mispronounce simple words or using the wrong word eg. lickle instead of little and saying things like 'some 'fink'' instead of something. I hate it.
                  Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I think it depends on that one. If it's down to their accent then I like it. Adds a little flavour, you know? I can't abide it when somebody just demolishes the English language through improper talk though, I like accents when you are building a cohesive sentence, something which a lot of younger folk are becoming genuinely incapable of doing. You can be grammatically correct and still have a local twang to you voice without butchering the laws that the English language is set into.

One thing, which might be petty on my part, is people eating with their hands. I am fully aware that there are foods that are acceptable to eat with your hands, but I've noticed a glaring trend while I've been over here in the USA that makes even the most slovenly eaters in the UK look like they were trained by the Queen. Using hands to pick at food here is rife. Since when was it acceptable to pick up vegetables and meats off the plate and bite them, then return the bitten food to the plate? These people need to learn that the fork that's on the table should be one of the only things that touches the food on the way to the mouth, the other being a knife. The knife being some sort of foreign object that most Americans struggle with like it's some sort of Chinese puzzle they won from a Christmas cracker whenever they have to use one.

Dining etiquette is something I'm really fussy over. When we eat we should all eat at the table, it's the only time we all face each other and it's a time that really should be enjoyed, not be put off by grown adults that act like chimps that have being given tools they have no idea how to use.

It's sad really, I've never really considered myself a massive dining etiquette Nazi, but when the majority start noting that you eat "All prim and proper" despite coming from humble origins, you have to wonder if it's me that has high standards or whether the people around me have just devolved into their cutlery abandoned nature. I'm not saying that every single person should know what knife, fork and spoon to use when you have several all laid out in front of you, just hold the bare minimum of knowledge and know how to use these things so that you don't come across as a total pig when it comes to consuming anything other than fast foods.

TL;DR version.

I'd ban people from using their hands to eat unless they were eating fast food. It is repulsive.

Comment

I hope people won't mind me posting on this thread, but I disagree with most of the things mentioned here. I don't think I'd want to 'ban' anything - even if it were possible. Do people mean 'ban' or 'don't like'? Someone's going to tell me it's just a bit of fun. On the other hand, there are some quite vehement opinions here.

Comment

I can not abide (though each to their own) people wearing these like Sandal Plimsolls around Town. I admitt that if you like them, they look cool but when you live in In-land and not on the Coast it is quite wierd - though each to their own as I say - not as i[d want to ban it I feel, think.

I am not too thrilled on the Cardigan Fashion of Today, though I guess it look's trendy, but it is a sort of 80s copycat style I think (not as i'd ban the style though as such), but to me certain fashions have not done a U Turn - but more like a 100 Degree Turn if such a term could exist. I hope this does'nt sound snobby but too many styles now have gone just too odd for words. I try to like al new innovations and styles (be it clothes, electrical or whatever) but some I just don't understand at all but some I do (and think they are great), eg Vintage/Retro Shop's sprininging up, but unless is it me or is everything "upside-down"?

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                        X