Thread: persueders and protectors

Talking persueders and protectors

Hi does anyone remember these 2 tv series,1st had roger moore and tony curtis and if remember right the other had robert vaughn

oh yes it was the smarmy man patrol ^^ the persuaders were always fighting over the one good looking girl, and i think one of them was a lord am i wrong?

even though moore and curtis where great and huge stars i think it was the cars that made the show.....moore had the Aston and curtis the Ferrari. thats what school boy dreams were made of

Lord Brett Sinclair and Danny Wild

It was a kool show, and groovy, funky theme music by John Barry

Remember these two shows too, great fun. Though none of you offered any recollections about the Protectors, so here goes a raid on my memory banks...

Robert Vaughn, ex-Man from Uncle, in the opening credits, bescpectaled, feedling part of the breakfast he cooks in his kitchen, to his dog. Then Nyree Dawn Porter doing fencing or swimming or something sporty. Then the credits mention Tony Anholt, he of Space 1999 fame (or is that infamy?). The last person shown in the credits is just a mysterious silhouette. The best thing about the credits is the music, which is the tune 'Avenues and Alleyways' by Tony Christie. Fantastic.

Cheers

Armchair

The theme tune to the Proctectors was kool always thought it was Tom Jones until later in life it was newly reborn Tony {Is this way to Amarillo fame} Christie. and wasn't the tv series a Gerry Anderson live action, hence Tony Anholt was later in Space 1999.