No announcement yet.

Homework Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep we had them at secondary, they were actually quite well made, and weren't just a bog standard diary.

Comment

Re: Homework Diaries

yes the ones we had where also well made.
      tyhe pages where not just blank.
      they had the day and date on each page like all diaries do, mine where black and blue i think.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Ours were like ring binders with local info in them etc, I don't have any or I'd take a pic.

Comment

Never had a homework diary. Didn't get any homework in primary school unless you count getting asked to collect the odd Autumn leaf for 'nature projects. Even in high school I really can't remember getting that much homework, except from the history teachers who were totally terrifying and dished it out in spades. Everyone was too scared not to do it, even the hard kids and to be fair everyone in the school got their highest grades in history so it worked! Flippin' heck it would have been straight to hell if you didn't!
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Well, we got it in junior high and was a mandatory thing to carry. But I always used to keep an extra notepad and preferred using it. Was it ever helpful! I like how the kids are getting homework help stuffs now-a-days! Starting from those sticky notes, to learning games to end number of tools and apps on the gadgets! Unthinkable in our time! Gosh! Sometimes I feel for these goodies I would have loved to go back school again (may be)! Life is much more organized thanks to these.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthkeith View Post
              Well, we got it in junior high and was a mandatory thing to carry. But I always used to keep an extra notepad and preferred using it. Was it ever helpful! I like how the kids are getting homework help stuffs now-a-days! Starting from those sticky notes, to learning games to end number of tools and apps on the gadgets! Unthinkable in our time! Gosh! Sometimes I feel for these goodies I would have loved to go back school again (may be)! Life is much more organized thanks to these.

You raise some great points here ruthkeith, which brings memories flooding back that I had not really considered totally before. You are right too about the kids getting homework help now-a-days - they have it way too easy - especialy when I think of the organising my diary! We did'nt have to carry our's but it got checked every few day's etc and it certainly taught us a lot (organisation-wise etc) - even if we were'nt thrilled about them

Comment

Had plenty of homework but I do not remember having a Homework Diary. What I do remember is every teacher that day shoving homework on us so when we got home if we done it all we would still be working on it in the very early hours of the morning. It was almost as if every teacher thought it was their responsibility to give homework whenever they could, and there was no organization amongst them. I often had 5 or six lots of homework on a daily basis. In the end it got too much so I didn't bother doing any after the first year. Perhaps if we did have a homework diary then it may of been a lot easier for us at secondary.

Comment

I remember having a homework timetable but teachers didn't stick to it much.

One teacher would always want homework given back the day after a lesson even though we wouldn't normally have a lesson that day, so we had to push the book under the classroom door as she always kept it locked.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: Homework Diary's

yes i a diary to help remind me but i always forgot about the diary.lol
                    i still remember having one it was really quite nice..

and when i did check it it was too late.
                    Last edited by darren; 26-11-2014, 18:58.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Homework Diary's

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      yes i a diary to help remind me but i always forgot about the diary.lol
                      i still remember having one it was really quite nice..

and when i did check it it was too late.

Similar here too Darren - though we had to have our parents/gaurdian sign them

I think though that they were a good idea yeah in that we got to know how they operated/worked - not as diary's of any form interest me really, I'm glad the option was there to use them no doubts though!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                      X