No announcement yet.

pictures of your schools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victoria Junior School. The school in the photo had to be demolished around 2000, as there was a pocket of methane gas under it (which despite the measured) couldn't be vented away. Out of the schools I went to, this was my favourite. Excellent teachers who were firm but fair.

Click image for larger version  Name:	294008167_2bfe4e8ae8_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	280239
    Last edited by Fatboy; 15-12-2020, 22:50.
    Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

My Senior (Secondary School). Salterbeck Secondary school, which later changed to Southfield Secondary School when we had several school mergers in 1984. The below photo was took shortly before its demolition a couple of years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50079842T003.jpg.gallery.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	280241
      Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

My school from age 11-16.

Riverston
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I could have sworn that I have seen some pictures of schools which have barbed wire around the fences outside to presumably stop truants and the like from escaping.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

It should be understood that working on the photos after the shoot takes a lot more time than the shoot itself. This is a time-consuming and complicated process that is left out of the customer's sight. I realized that a professional photographer's work doesn't just push a button and take pictures. Any photoshoot requires post-processing, primarily color correction. The quality of processing affects the result that the client receives in the end. A great expensive camera is not a guarantee of high-quality photos. One technique is not enough. Improper processing can nullify all benefits of professional equipment. A few filters are applied in the "artist's eye" style, and the photo is irretrievably ruined.
            Last edited by DorothyNorth; 12-08-2021, 03:55.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav

That is true George mate yeah ... and also to stop Vandalism etc (as my first Secondary did)

Though it was after 1988 and 88 when I started we had Vandalism every week on Grange Hill's Scale of Window's being smashed as was so in Series 4 (and that was not even London) and 8 years later, so shows you how rough it was!!

80sChav
              And I bet that as it was a drama, the glass was actually plastic for Health and Safety reasons. The glass in Mitchell's classroom in the "Golightly - let's consult the masterplan" episode of series 2 where Tucker tries to build a tower out of chairs in the room and breaks a window. If you look closely, the window pane looks as if it is made of plastic.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
                Re: pictures of your schools.

Fraserburgh Academy

Looks like a prison

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
                  My Senior (Secondary School). Salterbeck Secondary school, which later changed to Southfield Secondary School when we had several school mergers in 1984. The below photo was took shortly before its demolition a couple of years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50079842T003.jpg.gallery.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	280241
                  Rodney Bennet and Brookdale??

Comment

Working...
                  X