how many records have you got and do you still play them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how many records have you got and do you still play them

I've got about 4000 LPs & 12"s & a few hundred 45s, I've even got some old school 78s.
    I've been a DJ for about 20 years, I still use vinyl all the time.
    I've picked up many a bargain from charity shops & car boot sales.
    I had to stop buying a few years back because I ran out of space to store them, my parents shed is full of my records.
    I will keep buying & playing vinyl for as long as possible.

Comment

make sure they are kept right in the shed.

you dont want em getting the rted specks on them.
      when i get round to getting a recoed player ill play mine.
      to me vinyl will always sound better than cd's.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
      I've got about 4000 LPs & 12"s & a few hundred 45s, I've even got some old school 78s.
      I've been a DJ for about 20 years, I still use vinyl all the time.
      I've picked up many a bargain from charity shops & car boot sales.
      I had to stop buying a few years back because I ran out of space to store them, my parents shed is full of my records.
      I will keep buying & playing vinyl for as long as possible.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Still got about 200 vinyl. Mostly early/mid 8o's indie. Love my vinyl!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          make sure they are kept right in the shed
          I can assure you that all the rare & valuable ones are safe in my spare room,
          There's about 500 LPs that I got from an auction in there, Lots of Jim Reeves albums.

Comment

Still got about 70 records (the rest were sold years ago, but I couldn't bear to part with my Marillion albums or my eighties new wave stuff) but I haven't got anything to play them on anymore.

Comment

I still have about 60 albums and simular singles.I threw my record player away.But kept the records.I have digital media/cds so records are just for sentimental reasons.
              sigpic

Comment

I have about 200 singles and a hundred or so albums. That includes all by The Jam and Japan in particular, some 70s but mainly 80s music. I still have the equipment to play it on but it's not easily accessible so I tend not to. People keep telling me to get the techie stuff to transfer it all on to digital but somehow it wouldn't be the same. I don't think I'll ever get as excited about buying a CD as I did about buying an album or is that just youth?
                "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I used to have loads. But a few years ago I had a bit of a mental breakdown and got rid of them all. Part of me regrets it but the main part of me knows there is no point. A lot of them I am glad I am not still owning though. I have bought some more since then, but not many, the newest one was the double limited edition picture disc set of the new Iron Maiden album The Final Frontier. Beautiful artwork.

I have a all, except one, of Jasper Carrott's LPs and a few other comedy ones, even a couple by The Two Ronnies!
                  - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                  - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

I bet this is an amazing record by The 2 Ronnie's. I was'nt as keen on the Ronnie's alone in comedy as they were in say sketches but I bet that both are so funny on the record, I love one off record's by act's that are not like Chart Acts, like Agadoo etc as song, but i'm deeply not going into the affairs of aquiring records plus CD's and Tapes i'm going to get rid of.

Though an exception is made for very special one's and oddments, if the mood takes me etc, thanks for the "Head's Up" the-people's-poet, i'll keep my eye out for the record you mentioned without fail.

80sChav

Comment

Well I got all mine on Ebay so good luck with your search!
                      - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                      - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

I have around 100 lps, 100 7" and 400 12" singles, mainly from the 80s. One of my mates emigrated to Sydney a couple of years back and also left me his vinyl collection which is mostly 90s stuff.

I can still listen to my vinyl because I still have a turntable. Most of my vinyl is in the loft though. I managed to transfer most of it to minidisc and then cd. I used a cd recorder as this was before I owned a pc. I didn't bother cleaning up the sound so you still get that vinyl crackle coming through.
                        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                          I didn't bother cleaning up the sound so you still get that vinyl crackle coming through.
                          Yeah, you gotta love that crackle.
                          In fact, when i'm making tracks if the sample sounds to clean then I overlay some nice vinyl crackle to give it that warm feel.

Comment

Got alot of early 80's electro to mid 90's hip hop (funny how the name changed), play them a lot when I get a drunken sense of nostalgia, also have a lot of smiths vinyl

Comment

i used to have 100,s of albums on vinyl but slowly managed to get 97% of them on cd through the years but still have about 30 vinyl albums now most of them are imports and most have extra tracks not released in the uk and have never been transfered to cd for public sale so i listen to them now and again

Comment

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
                                I used to have loads. But a few years ago I had a bit of a mental breakdown and got rid of them all. Part of me regrets it but the main part of me knows there is no point. A lot of them I am glad I am not still owning though. I have bought some more since then, but not many, the newest one was the double limited edition picture disc set of the new Iron Maiden album The Final Frontier. Beautiful artwork.

I have a all, except one, of Jasper Carrott's LPs and a few other comedy ones, even a couple by The Two Ronnies!
                                which jasper carrotts hav'nt got ?

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Working...
                                X