i have most of the madness ones

i have most of the beatles ones

wings nearly there

most elvis ones not all of them

marvin gaye a couple of them

ub40 records nearly all there
    reg varney live from abbey rd .
    and many more

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Re: how many records have you got and do you still play them

A few hundred singles not counting albums mostly from the 50's and 60's.I used to have lots more from the 70's and 80's.Don't play them any more since my record player broke down about 6 years ago.Mostly cd's and downloads now.

Comment

I had a huge vinyl collection until about nine years ago. I went through a period of being very hard up indeed. I sold quite a lot of stuff including all my LPs and singles. I'm quite sad about it now.

Comment

All of my music is on cd ........... I have no albums on vinyl now as my music system basically died a slow death because the wiring decayed.......I have always preferred the sound of vinyl though as it has that 'raw' sound.

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
          ...always preferred the sound of vinyl though as it has that 'raw' sound.
          I agree; the 'higher' end of the sound, particularly, is better on vinyl.

Comment

thats the thing tho ain't it marine boy i rememember selling all of my thunderbirds items 6yrs and my dr who memorabilla 2yrs ago but i will never sell my onthebuses and records and magazines i have collected over the years . but you think of it at the time do you ? my childhood memories bring them back :'(

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Yep. If you sell, you do what you think is right at the time. A friend said I should search Amazon, eBay etc and re-collect. But it wouldn't be the same.

Comment

i agree with you there mate

Comment

I still have some records, though only a few as i've got most of the Song's i like on CD mainly. I'm not sure who the Records are i've got though, without looking I think one is Tom Jones, may-be a Spandeau Ballet one and "Now That's What I Call Music" from about 1993. As for the other's i'm unsure though which Artists/Compilations are on them.

Comment

I have hundreds of records and have no plans to sell any.Still have a working record player but i get an annoying clicking sound right through the records so i do not play them often

Comment

Wow thats impressive mate.
                      you must have been collecting a long time.

ive a few one being a buig vinyl of an abba song think its dancing queen from around 1980.

sadly i do not have a working record player but i hope to get one.

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                      I have hundreds of records and have no plans to sell any.Still have a working record player but i get an annoying clicking sound right through the records so i do not play them often
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yeah,i have been and i used to buy up to 10 singles a week. I think Dancing Queen was 1976 but too lazy to check.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                          Yep. If you sell, you do what you think is right at the time. A friend said I should search Amazon, eBay etc and re-collect. But it wouldn't be the same.
                          if you have the time ............boot sales are an excellent place to get those vinyls back...........price wise its a dream

Comment

Apparently they are bringing records back .

Comment

bootsales are a great way of getting them but also charity shops.
                              ive a charity shop that has literally hundreds of vinyls both the small and bigger ones and so chaep they are.

most for under 2 quid.

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
                              if you have the time ............boot sales are an excellent place to get those vinyls back...........price wise its a dream
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                              X