best football kits strips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best football kits strips.

Luton Town mid 70's orange top white white band down the side.
    Carlisle United mid 70's broad white band down the front, red trim, blue body.
    Middlesbrough mid 70's white horizontal band on red body.
    York City's "Y" tops from the 70's
    Spurs yellow away top with 2 blue bars coming down the shoulders to mid way.
    Orient all one colour with two stripes running down from shoulder the entire length of kit. Red on white home, white on red away and I'm sure there was a blue one.

Comment

Originally posted by havasack View Post
      Luton Town mid 70's orange top white white band down the side.
      Carlisle United mid 70's broad white band down the front, red trim, blue body.
      Middlesbrough mid 70's white horizontal band on red body.
      York City's "Y" tops from the 70's
      Spurs yellow away top with 2 blue bars coming down the shoulders to mid way.
      Orient all one colour with two stripes running down from shoulder the entire length of kit. Red on white home, white on red away and I'm sure there was a blue one.
      I think I can recall the Luton one (sort of) in a hazed memory Havasack. Thinking about the 10970s ne and Luton's has inadvertently made me recall an 1990s Luton one that had Orange and Blue to the sides (I think it was circa 1992 to 1994). Whichever Season it was from - it was an excellent Shirt I think.

Also Norwich's Shirt from 1993-1994 was excellent - I loved the tiny dots on it - though Yellow would easily of attracted Wasps and Bees if this shirt was worn when it was very warm and sunny I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by ayrshireman View Post
        No doubts at all Aryshireman - this was a classic (though at times - a bit of a forgottan Shirt). The rangers Hoime one yopu posted a picture of too is a legend odf a Shirt I think too.

When you say strips Darren, can Socks and Shorts be included here too?, as I was unsure what was to be included.

Thanks

80sChav

Comment

I always liked the Liverpool ones from the 80's, when they were sponsored by Candy or Crown paints.

The yellow one was ace.
          Last edited by Jedi Knight; 25-09-2014, 11:45.

Comment

Though I am not a Man Utd fan their 1992-1993/94 Home Shirt and associated Away ones like the Deep Blue and Lime and Yellow of this era deserve honourble mentions I think. Though the Shorts and socks where the best out of the lot I think (in-particular the Home Red one). I loved how the socks had like Diamond effect at the top!! A lot of friends who wore these socks too (say for Footy Training or PE at school) would turn the socks inside-out too (as was the craze of this era) and they'd make another fantastic elberate "Diamond Design" when worn as so. This was easy to acomplish though with he socks being totaly white - par the top part!

I bet that Darren on here can recall these socks very easily well, can you Darren?!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by ayrshireman View Post

I agree with you 101% regards the 2nd one no error of doubt Ayrshireman - it'd make my top 5 to 7 any day! The beauty of it is how it is plain - that is why I love/like it I think!

Another 1 I will always fondly remember as a big Leeds Fan growing up was the Puma Effort in the late 90s that ran just into the start of the 200s when David O' Leary created his team that was going to go many many miles in the Premier as a top 5 team. Thankfuly I still have the Shorts and Shirt of this era.

Another honourable mention must go to most of Liverpool's in their "Spice Boy" error of Fowler, McManaman etc ...... wt all being great from when they beat Fulham 10-0 on agg in the Leauge Cup in Fowler's early days right through to the gradual breaking up of the the "Spice Boy's" era after Roy Evans and Gerald Houllier's disastorous dual managership in the late 90s. The Yellow Away one of this era particulary standing out!!

80sChav

Comment

United's 70's Away kit...and almost any Palace kit form that era

Comment

i.e. with respect to - united kits.com and league mag.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by DSCOMAN; 04-02-2016, 01:38. Reason: respect to

Comment

Both are nice i think the other looks a bit more like a rugby top.

I think its a bolton top.

Originally posted by dscoman View Post
                    i.e. With respect to - united kits.com and league mag.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The Crystal Palace shirts from a few seasons later were very eye-catching, with diagonal stripes.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

THIS ONE YOU MEAN MATE.

MUST SAY ITS RATHER NICE.

Originally posted by Anderson Rome
                        I like 1985 Everton strip and it is very interesting. This is my all time favorite strip.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

best football kits strips.

My team as been FC Barcelona since '73 when my hero Cruyff signed for them . I've never liked their first team strip but loved the orangey / yellow away kits a few years ago .

Oddly enough I've always liked the look of the Real Madrid kit and even bought one when my fave ever player Zidane signed for them .

I've always loved Brazil and their yellow shirts and I've got many over the years . Another fave shirt was Derby County and of course Ajax .
                          Last edited by Zincubus; 10-03-2016, 13:58. Reason: ed

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            THIS ONE YOU MEAN MATE.

MUST SAY ITS RATHER NICE.

I also like it, back in the day it was quite a bit different.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

When I went to Madrid a few years back, I went to a Real Vs Sporting Gijon game. I didn't much care for the bland home kit so I bought a yummy purple away one, which I still have.

BTW, Real won 3-1. Sporting scored first but they had 2 players and their manager sent off. Davor Suker scored 2 goals and Roberto Carlos the other with a trademark free kick from the car park!
                              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Being an avid Arsenal fan here's one not to be proud of...
                                Attached Files
                                Always ready for chat.

Comment

Working...
                                X