Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Older years at Secondary School

Default Older years at Secondary School

I recall when Ifirst started Secondary School - a roumour went about to not act like the 5yth Years, Year 11s or behavbe like they did. A so-caqlled friend's brother was in the 5th Year when we were in the 1st Year and nobody dared annoy him, or more-ever it was him and his brother that matterd only. Though I don't recall other years being un-friendly towards the younger one's - if any it'd all be the 1st Years no-one had time for. Was it like this at anyone else's School/s?

Default Re: Older years at Secondary School

We were told the second years did not like the first years and the 5th years did not like anybody at all.

sf1378 Guest

All years in my school hated the other years - rather pathetic. Especially the 5th and 6th formers - instead of acting like responsible young adults they took it upon themselves to be as abusive as possible to the lower years, especially if you were physically smaller...I left in the 5th year/year 11. Never liked my school.

We heard (sort of mumblings) about the 5th Years - though we never mixed with them enough to find out. Though one I met in the early Autumn of First Year was behond helpful as a sort of un-official prefect in wanting to be helpful and I still see her as she is a Neighbour of my Mum's occasionaly all these years later.

I don't remember any real rivalry between the years at my school, or even between forms in the same year.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Never happened at my school.It was usually between pupils of the same age.

very odd.
    this never happened in in my secondary school ether.
    so much for stting an example.

Quote Originally Posted by sf1378 View Post
    All years in my school hated the other years - rather pathetic. Especially the 5th and 6th formers - instead of acting like responsible young adults they took it upon themselves to be as abusive as possible to the lower years, especially if you were physically smaller...I left in the 5th year/year 11. Never liked my school.

At our school (high school) i knew more 4th, 5th and 6th formers when I started and there wasn't much bother till the 4th year as we have 3 lads in our year who could 'chin' everyone. A bit embarassing for the years above which led to a month or two of fights at the gates on the way home. No bullying, just the kids who wanted to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I don't remember any real rivalry between the years at my school, or even between forms in the same year.
    Same Richard - even in Year 11 me and a few mates was mates with this Year 10 guy .... and he was kind enough to sign my Leavers Book! So fair play to him on that one I say!

80ScHav

Mmmmm

When I went to my Grammar Secondary school the only person I knew was my cousin who was in year ten ... luckily she was popular and was always with a huge group of friends who all spoilt me ..the girls kinda mothered me and the lads looked after me and let me play football at breaks and dinners ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro