Madonna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madonna

She's now practically an OAP, but Madonna is still causing a stir in the fashion world a whole 29 years after first bursting onto the music scene. Like A Virgin, her style is not. Inspiring to millions of girls and boys the world it certainly is. Concerning to a number of worried parents as they watch their daughter go out dressed a la Madonna... even more so,The early Madonna fashions were a lot of fun, characterised by short skirts over leggings with fishnet fingerless gloves, rubber bracelets, bows in her bleached-blonde hair as well as headbands, long strings of beads and lace ribbons. We were all up for that. But as she moved into her 'Like A Virgin' phase, she went quite the opposite - no doubt with the aim of shocking - ditching her clothing, bit by bit, until she was left in her just her underwear along with some long lace gloves a few bracelets and a 'Boy Toy' belt. Crucifix necklaces became all the rage, at the same time as girls started wearing bustiers as tops. Quite the fashion pairing. Of course, the most eye-catching image we have of Madonna coincided with the release of her 1989 Like A Prayer album - in that pointed bra! It wasn't just clothes Madonna had an affect on. Girls went to the salons in droves to recreate Madonna's "poodle" perm, and styled it in bows like she did to copy her look in the Borderline video and in "Desperately Seeking Susan." A black tank top, skirt, dirty bleached blonde hair and an attitude to match.But the beauty of Madonna's tastes in fashion is it's constantly evolving, and so experimental that women of all shapes and ages can delve in and out as they like. While the oversized crucifix wasn't for me, I most definitely had a pair of lace gloves.

More...

Re: Madonna

Originally posted by www.doyouremember.co.uk View Post
    She's now practically an OAP, but Madonna is still causing a stir in the fashion world a whole 29 years after first bursting onto the music scene.
    She released her first single 'Everybody' on the Sire label in 1982. She also recorded with various bands before that. That would mean she has been releasing records for at least 30 years.
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
    X