Your favourite School year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite School year

Be it from Primary School or Secondary? I think if I ahd to pick i'd say Year 9 9being 13/14) - a great time. You was'nt in Year 7 or 8 being 11/12 or being in Year 10/11 with Exam Stress. A good all round year I think that'd often pick - though Yeare 10 and 11 was good as well

Re: Your favourite School year

The last year before high school was really nice. Big fish in a small pond and all that. High school was realy hard as it got to the latter few years. I had to contend with all the exam stuff along with inheriting 'The c*ck of the class' status. I was honestly glad when all that ended, it was hard and the tribalism nature of inter form and school rivalries was wearing thin by the end of it all.

EDIT REASON: Click quick post instead of go advanced.
    Last edited by Sly; 13-05-2012, 18:05.

Comment

My favourite was the last year of primary school as I had a teacher that recognised my practical and creative abilities and really encouraged me with my art and woodcraft. Then secondary school came and crushed the life out of me with 5 years of bullying, indifferent teachers and lessons consisting of copying from books, copying from photocopied handouts(why?), copying from OHP slide films and copying off the blackboard. I didn't have a good year at Secondary school

Comment

My second to last year at primary school was probably the best school years, helped by having an easy-going teacher, sadly no lover with us.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          sadly no lover with us.
          pleased to hear it in primary school
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Sorry that should read "no longer with us"
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

id say my first year at primary school P1 as it was known.
              it was nerve wrecking but it was exciting meeting new people doing things id not done before.
              art,music getting bottles of milk.
              i still remember it well even now.

but P2 P3 P4 at prrimary school where good as well.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
              Be it from Primary School or Secondary? I think if I ahd to pick i'd say Year 9 9being 13/14) - a great time. You was'nt in Year 7 or 8 being 11/12 or being in Year 10/11 with Exam Stress. A good all round year I think that'd often pick - though Yeare 10 and 11 was good as well
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Can't pick a year. My entire time in middle school, Sept

Comment

Year 7/8 or year 11 I think I'd plump for

I have a friend on another forum who described every year perfect pros and cons-wise ..... if can find it I shall post a similar version (suited to how I felt ) if words can be found on my part

80sChav

Comment

Year 9 (1991-1992) - a good combination of teachers who were there at the time, and could get on with, and in June 1992 my nephew was born which helped with what was happening, and so I thought of it as being positive. Then came Year 10 in September that year - some good teachers left or retired, and things were not as good as the previous year.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                      Year 9 (1991-1992) - a good combination of teachers who were there at the time, and could get on with, and in June 1992 my nephew was born which helped with what was happening, and so I thought of it as being positive. Then came Year 10 in September that year - some good teachers left or retired, and things were not as good as the previous year.
                      I think I'd go Year 9 too George - though as with most things I change like the wind

In Year 7 I dreamed of being in with the tough guys of Year 11 - then in Year 10/11 wanted to be back in Year 7 tbh!!

80sChav

Comment

The last year in primary (junior) school, 1977-78. A lovely young teacher, Miss Billington, we were her very first class after she qualified has a teacher. It was a really great year. The last year we had fun and games in the school yard.
                        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I had 9and still too) retain a love/hate relationship about First Year at secondary (or Year 7 in Today's currency)

Admitted as I have said - like many others on here I was bullied for everything - aka being a loaner, not fitting in 9and when i did follow the crowd with what I did, cos they asked me to) they rejected me - but if somebody had gfiven me a Crystal Ball to be Mystic Meg either at 4 yerars old or at 18/20 - which is amazing as I can not still believe 1996/1997 was only 4 years after leaving Secondary and only 6 after Margret Thatcher only imposed the dreaded Poll Tax - to put thoise 3 years in relation to Secondary School is too cosmic dust-fied/hazy-fied for words for me - given at age 20 that was 1997 and I had my 21st in 98

Though yeah going back to the Crystal Ball - if I only could have seen/listened to what someone said, I'd have done First Year and 2nd so, so differently - not be wimpy etc as I was and letting my Year-group and older Years bully me I'd sure have been different about it! Too though on the other side of the coin too - Year 7 and 8 for/to me (but Year 8 first 6 months) was really "Boys Own Stuff" and that is no word of a lie at all - it's so like my Step-Dad says about his Fishing days of his late Teens/20s - me and about 6 of us mates was so, so close as mates and we alternated with each other as MBF (male best friends) every wek if not every day! True there was jelousy at divisions arrising in each 2 lads' Camp - but that taught me so much ..... until the inevitable rotten Year 9

Then after that I met my best, best best made of my first 1/12 years of my life probably 4 times after leaving that school in 1990 in the Years 1995 (twice) and another Year in-between (I've forgot which) and 2005/2006 and possibly 2 phone-calls .... but hey that's life like Football and it's Swings and Roundabouts are lol

#80sChav

Comment

I do not understand the title of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
                              I do not understand the title of this thread.
                              First year , third etc ??

They call them year 7 or year 9 these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X