Sitcoms 70's-90's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: On The Buses or last of the summer wine

I seem to recall my family sitting down to watch On The Buses at the time, and I think I enjoyed it - though I don't have very clear memories. For Last of the Summer Wine, I'm with others here in that the Foggie and Compo years were the best.

Comment

• Re: On The Buses or last of the summer wine

I was too young for OTB but have seen the films loads of times along with some TV episodes on repeats.

I first remember watching LOTSW around 1982-3 & liking it until Bill Owen died.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

• Roger the lodger?

There was a sit com where the cast frequently mentioned "Roger, the lodger, the single man from next door!". Can anyone remember which sit com this was?
        1976 Vintage

Comment

• Re: Worst TV sit Com ever.....

Keeping up appearancesdreadful
          Last edited by amethyst; 30-06-2013, 07:51. Reason: wrong era sorry

Comment

• Re: Roger the lodger?

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            There was a sit com where the cast frequently mentioned "Roger, the lodger, the single man from next door!". Can anyone remember which sit com this was?
            There's No Place Like Home
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by pedro View Post
              How could I have forgot My Hero followed closely by Father Ted.
              WTF Father Ted was brilliant, Black Books was Graham Linehan's only cr*p sitcom, Bill Bailey did nothing for that show.

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                WTF Father Ted was brilliant, Black Books was Graham Linehan's only cr*p sitcom, Bill Bailey did nothing for that show.
                Yet I preferred Black books to Father Ted.

Worst sitcom eh ? Loads down the years, many that only saw light of day for a series or two, but of the longer running ones that some people obviously loved and thought were great, Last of the summer wine as mentioned many times but at least I can see why it would appeal to certain people, Brush strokes on the other hand, I could never understand who would watch it.

FWIW I always viewed the vicar of dibley as just being a latter day LOTSW.

Comment

• Re: Sitcoms 70's-90's

Have some threads merged here?

If anything The Vicar of Dibley was a grower on me, I wasn't sure of it at first but gradually got into it. A bit daft at times but funny.

I know we've had a full thread about sitcoms that have run for too long, LOTSW is a classic case. I really liked it for years but it was never the same after Bill Owen died.

2.4 Children & The Brittas Empire were two shows where the quality dropped a lot during their times on air.

Anyone remember Hippies? I was written by one of the writers of Father Ted, & was expected to do well, but never really clicked.

Comment

I think I recall The Upper Hand being not half as good in later Series, though still good but Slingers Day with Bruce Forsyth was great for it's era I thought and I found Bruce amazing in it - though generally i'm far from a fan of anything he does, it was novel for the 1980s I found. I don't know what other members think to Lov by Carla Lane? I thought it was quite good for the 2 Series it ran though admitted it was poor in parts. It never got going totally I felt because it was next after Bread in Carla's work and was no easy feat to create another good comedy but given time it would of been a great comedy I feel. I liked Michael Angaliss in it as I have every piece of work I've watched with Michael in.

Comment

• Re: Sitcoms 70's-90's

I can remember Lov was a bit hit & miss, some nice ideas but somehow it didn't quite gel as well as it could have.

Comment

Working...
                      X