Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst TV sit Com ever.....

Originally posted by pedro View Post
    Burbs the Good Life over Cleese, Coogan and Wilson, shame on you. Please take this comedy challenge person to a darkened room, tie him to a chair and play episodes of Terry and June on a loop for the next 24hours
    Gee thanks pedro !

I love T&J especially episode 37 where the MD comes round for dinner

Only joshing ( That was epsode 43 ! LOL)

Comment

Didn't that happen in every episode of T&J Burbs?
      The eyes have it!
      sigpic

Comment

"The one where Bruce Forsyth took over from the recently deceased Leonard Rossiter (set in a super market)"

You mean "Slinger's Day" SG. When Leonard Rossiter was in it, it was called "Tripper's Day" and yes it was a load of kak but then so was Reginald Perrin

To me most sit-coms consist of the same joke spread over too many weeks, although there have been some good ones, all of which are British

I think it's long overdue that "Only Fools And Horses" was consigned to the archives of television history and left there, it's been shown way too many times. Don't think that UK Gold has anything else to put on

(waits for backlash)

Comment

aghh slingers day what rubbish that was
          And I also agree with the only fools and horses comments, they were ok 20 years ago, but they have had there day.

(ducks down behind David)
          Mad about alice with Jamie Theakston- more dribble.
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            And I also agree with the only fools and horses comments, they were ok 20 years ago, but they have had there day. (ducks down behind David)
            I'm hiding there with you... what a relief I thought I was the only one who didn't like Only Fools.... at last I am not alone!!!
            If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Anyone remember Alice? Or the spin off, Flo?
              I often think that writers come up with a well known saying and try to build a sitcom around it..Duty Free, Three Up Two Down, Home To Roost...I'm cynical like that
              ^..^

Comment

I don't think anyone has mentioned On The Buses yet, but this has got to be one of my all time t.v hates oh and the one with Mrs Bucket, sorry BOUQUET "lady of the house speaking" Arrrggg I hate it!!!
                If a word is spelt wrong in a dictionary how would you know!

Comment

I absolutely Loathed Keeping Up Appearances. One bloody joke-and not a very funny one-strung out over several years. Why didn't Mrs Bouquet's neighbours just tell her "look, we're not impressed, and by the way IT'S BUCKET" in about episode three? That would have been a much more likely scenario. I'll also nominate the atrocious Gimme Gimme Gimme.

Comment

Come Back Mrs Noah

Totally awful , especially the closing sequences every week where that stupid old cow of Are you Being Served? ( "I must go home and wash my ***** Captain Peacock" ) danced about in a space suit with a skirt on it.

At least the rest of the cast had the grace to look embarrassed as they spouted their peurile lines

The asterix bit there was only the generic term for a domestic cat , just like the woman used to say it, sadly DYR filters won't let it go in

(Good job am not trying to post about Fanny Hill)

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                      Come Back Mrs Noah

Totally awful , especially the closing sequences every week where that stupid old cow of Are you Being Served? ( "I must go home and wash my ***** Captain Peacock" ) danced about in a space suit with a skirt on it.

At least the rest of the cast had the grace to look embarrassed as they spouted their peurile lines

The asterix bit there was only the generic term for a domestic cat , just like the woman used to say it, sadly DYR filters won't let it go in

(Good job am not trying to post about Fanny Hill)
                      And yet Fanny Hill, it has no trouble with. Bizarre.

Comment

I've just got the entire series of Keeping up Appearances.......oh come on....you MUST get the irony of it??
                        I like My Family, mainly for Robert Lyndsay, think he's a great actor.
                        Allo allo and Blackadder are my biggest hates......apart from ANYTHING to do with Monty Python, which is just utter rubbish.

Comment

no no no!

Blackadder great.........

Monty Python........in most places (odd sketch missed its mark) the funniest thing EVER

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

On The Buses was dire even in the 70's.. More recently, but not that recent..Ab-Fab..utter garbage

Comment

On the hour

Hi,

In celebration of the forthcoming release of On The Hour (Steve
                              Coogan/Armando Iannucci/Chris Morris’ legendary radio news satire that
                              later became The Day Today), we’ve launched an official site that offers
                              daily headlines from the show, available to listen on the site or to
                              have sent to you via email or RSS.

So if you’re aching for the return of Green Desk with Rosy May or want
                              to hear some of Alan Partridge’s latest Sportsdesk facts, head here:
                              www.onthehour.info

Here endeth the hard sell.

Arise sir news!

Comment

Can't believe nobody has chucked in "Mind your language" I seem to remember that being a pretty dire sitcom.

I've got to agree that "On the buses" should be here too BUT in it's defence I recently sat through the movie "Holiday on the buses" and although it itself is pretty rubbish it was worth it just to see the outside clips of 70's Britain, that was brilliant.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X