• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programmes

HOW ABOUT THESE PROGRAMMES, DICK TURPIN WITH RICHARD O'SULLIVAN
    POLDARK
    ROBINS NEST
    ON THE BUSES.......ARRFUR !
    WHAT WAS THAT ONE WITH JIMMY JEWEL AND THE WOMEN WHO COULD,NT GET HER WORDS RIGHT AND THEY I THINK HAD A PUB OR PICKLE FACTORY.

The Jimmy Jewel one was called 'Nearest and Dearest' his sister was Hilda Baker, that was funny they inherited a pickled onion factory, 'Pledges Pickles'.

Used to love Dick Turpin, by the guy who created Robin of Sherwood and Catweezle Richard Carpenter.

Poldark is often on UK Drama nowadays.

Loved On the Buses, maybe because my dad was a bus driver.

Robins Nest was ok, but Man about the House was way kooler, and funnier, and spawned Robins Nest and George and Milldred.

Comment

I loved The Gemini Man,Alias Smith and Jones,The Invisible man (with David mccallum),Holmes and YoYo,the Man form Atlantis..classic 70's TV to me!!
      and of course,yer Kojaks and Columbos,etc

Comment

The Gemini Man rocked, Ben Murphy Alias Smith and Jones fame, kool.

Comment

I loved Man about the House and Nearest & Dearest. Steptoe & son was good too, why cant tv execs see that theres nothing for kids to like any more?? what are their memories gonna be of?.......a load of `reality tv` bumf, pah! society is going down hill thats for sure.

Comment

Kids tv today is boring, dare, can I say ****, we had the best tv when we younger Thunderbirds, Tiswas, Catweazle, Worzel, Dick Turpin, Champion the wonder horse, the list is endless, they should have a tv channel for kids nostalgic stuff, that would be so kool.

Comment

Re: Programmes

Originally posted by foxy View Post
              HOW ABOUT THESE PROGRAMMES, DICK TURPIN WITH RICHARD O'SULLIVAN
              POLDARK
              ROBINS NEST
              ON THE BUSES.......ARRFUR !
              WHAT WAS THAT ONE WITH JIMMY JEWEL AND THE WOMEN WHO COULD,NT GET HER WORDS RIGHT AND THEY I THINK HAD A PUB OR PICKLE FACTORY.

Nearest and Dearest with Hylda Baker and Jimmy Jewel was very funny. "Have you been, Walter?" was one of Baker's many catchphrases from the show. After Nearest and Dearest ended, Baker moved south to London and starred in Not on your Nellie, in which she played a character very similar to Nellie Pledge, who goes to London to help her dad run a pub.

I liked Robin's Nest. Remember the one-armed guy Robin employed? Think his name was Albert? And Tessa Wyatt was gorgeous--definitely one of my crushes.

Comment

One I remember is The Kids From 47A where the older sister Jess looks after her siblings for their Mum & they hide their situation from social services
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                  One I remember is The Kids From 47A where the older sister Jess looks after her siblings for their Mum & they hide their situation from social services

Yes, that was a good series. In series1, their mother had to go into hospital and someone was supposed to come and stay with the kids, but they couldn't come and the kids ended up dodging their nosey neighbour and, as you say, social services. In series 2, I thought that the mother had died, but I may be wrong on that count.

Comment

IIRC the mother went to hospital in the first series & she was dead in the second
                    sigpic
                    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                    X