What do you collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you collect?

I was wondering what do members collect from there youth and in more recent times?
    It can be toys,games,books etc.

Its mainly computer consoles and games for me.
    but i also buy old tv series like dr who.
    anything associated with lord of the rings etc.

not sure if this is in the right place if its not perhaps a mod can move it to the right section.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: What do you collect?

hi i collect pens and pencils from places visited, collect enid blyton books, i-spy books, beer mats and occasionally coins . sue

Comment

I used to collect vintage Action Man. I do collect on and off vintage and reissues of vintage Transformers and some modern Transformers (the ones that are updates of the originals that look more like the cartoon characters from the 1980s, not the rubbishy new films), Lego (built up a massive vintage town in 2006 - 2008, Castle Lego, U.F.O. from 1997 range, Alien Invasion, Star Wars Lego's), G.I.JOE figures and other vintage or modern toy lines or certain items from them. I did go through a phase mentioned on another thread of ZOIDS and also I did buy a few Character Building Doctor Who building block sets (its like Lego too). I also collected Mattel Big Jim for a while - especially the Space Series from 1985/6 which is very rare and their BIG JIM 004 Spy series, also very rare, Madel Man (the original Spanish version of Palitoy Bradgate Little Big Man) and the later 3 3/4 size Madelman space and aliens figures, Matchbox cars, both vintage ones and modern ones made by Mattel who now own them - I bought a 1969 Cadillac De Ville from the modern series from W.H. Smith just yesterday...depends on what the car is and its colour scheme really...)

Comment

Wow,action man.I was thinking about that the other day.I really used to love collecting all the bits and pieces as a kid.Wished somehow I had kept it all,but it vanished many years ago now.

Getting back to what I collect,Badges.Love badges.Cannot get enough of them especially those from the 60's through into the 80's.My favourite being a much loved early Tufty(my Hero) club badge.

Dr Who dvd's as Dr who was a very very big part of my childhood.Just started this year to collect classic childrens television drama's on dvd as well.

Comment

I don't collect anything.............I rely on my memory and I just enjoy reading all the threads on this site.

Comment

I wished i had saved more from my childhood.some of the pictures posted in the forum bring back memories.I collect film and tv related memories on dvd.
            sigpic

Comment

I collect books of old photographs of my city along with postcards of it from the 1960s to 1980s, I also have a small collection of Butiln's Filey memorabalia.
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I collect old pictures of my town also.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh Crikey, what DON'T I collect?! My principle collecting interests are stamps (British mainly), old die-cast toy cars, old board games, vinyl records (mostly rock, folk and punk, but some '50s jazz as well) and old electrical goods from the '50s & '60s, especially working radios, record players, telephones and tape recorders. BUT I like collecting a plethora of other stuff as well, including Indian and Oriental artefacts, Mamod steam models, model railway stuff, antiques when I can afford them, and Goodness only knows I'd collect old cars and motorbikes as well if I but had the space to keep them! I've already got 5 classics ranging from late '50s to late '80s, in addition to the '89 Honda that we use as our everyday car. In essence, if I regard it as at all interesting, old, eclectic or unusual, I'll try to aquire it! Been doing this for most of my life- you should see my bedroom, I can barely get into it, piles of 1950s furniture and boxes upon boxes of stuff everywhere. And the attic's another story again....!!

Comment

A GIRL AFTER MY OWN HEART U ARE.

I COLLECT VIDEOS HAVE 14 HUNDRED OF THEM.
                    I COLLECT anything to do with lord of the rings books,coins,swords FULL SIZE REPLICAS etc.
                    computer consoles and games.
                    also have the original set of mattel masters of the uniovers cards still seALED.
                    VINYL RECORDS.

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
                    Oh Crikey, what DON'T I collect?! My principle collecting interests are stamps (British mainly), old die-cast toy cars, old board games, vinyl records (mostly rock, folk and punk, but some '50s jazz as well) and old electrical goods from the '50s & '60s, especially working radios, record players, telephones and tape recorders. BUT I like collecting a plethora of other stuff as well, including Indian and Oriental artefacts, Mamod steam models, model railway stuff, antiques when I can afford them, and Goodness only knows I'd collect old cars and motorbikes as well if I but had the space to keep them! I've already got 5 classics ranging from late '50s to late '80s, in addition to the '89 Honda that we use as our everyday car. In essence, if I regard it as at all interesting, old, eclectic or unusual, I'll try to aquire it! Been doing this for most of my life- you should see my bedroom, I can barely get into it, piles of 1950s furniture and boxes upon boxes of stuff everywhere. And the attic's another story again....!!

Comment

I'm an avid collector of Ladybird Books. Only the old ones though. Have over a thousand of them and still have about a thousand to get to complete the sets.

Comment

I collect quite a lot of stuff related to my '70s/'80s childhood. Old annuals - largely TV tie-ins such as The Sweeney, Knight Rider, The Dukes Of Hazzard, Minder, Swap Shop, Blue Peter, as well as Look-In, etc. I also collect old die-cast model cars, and new releases largely based on '70s & '80s cars. I collect DVDs of old TV shows from the era (too many to list here), but mainly British and U.S. dramas and UK sitcoms and children's programmes I enjoyed in my youth. I also collect 'Then & Now'-type British local interest books (not just of towns I've been to), and have a vast collection of the Amberley 'Through Time' series. Finally, the one that fascinates other people the most, I collect TV Themes - I must have over 2,000 of these, mainly on CD. My favourites are naturally the ones from the 1970s and '80s, and it's always great to hear one I haven't heard in years.
                        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
                          I collect quite a lot of stuff related to my '70s/'80s childhood. Old annuals - largely TV tie-ins such as The Sweeney, Knight Rider, The Dukes Of Hazzard, Minder, Swap Shop, Blue Peter, as well as Look-In, etc. I also collect old die-cast model cars, and new releases largely based on '70s & '80s cars. I collect DVDs of old TV shows from the era (too many to list here), but mainly British and U.S. dramas and UK sitcoms and children's programmes I enjoyed in my youth. I also collect 'Then & Now'-type British local interest books (not just of towns I've been to), and have a vast collection of the Amberley 'Through Time' series. Finally, the one that fascinates other people the most, I collect TV Themes - I must have over 2,000 of these, mainly on CD. My favourites are naturally the ones from the 1970s and '80s, and it's always great to hear one I haven't heard in years.
                          You must have lots of old Matchbox, Corgi, Dinky? New releases based on the 70s/80s? Vanguards? Oxford Diecast? (the latter 2 being very expensive and Oxford used to be far cheaper but then tries to be like Vanguards, but doesn't have the 'spring suspension')...I mainly like the small size Matchbox/Corgi but do like the Vanguards size too...one of my favourites in my collection is my Austin 1800 'Hidden Treasures' car).
                          Last edited by sf1378; 19-05-2012, 17:55.

Comment

I guess I collect allsorts! Too much really, CD's, certain old Records, DVD's, Videos, Book's and Mag's, Key Rings from any City, Country, Region , Town or Village I have visited. Reciepts from certain Shop's and Places, Clothes i'll never wear but are unique. Way way too much is what I collect I guess - which can be what might be termed unique (like an Eric Sykes DVD) i've recently bought.

I go in for lot's of the Comedy's people may not term a sucsess, or one's that might not of been a runaway sucsess etc, though i'm unsure how to desribe the legend that is Eric Sykes, but I rate lot's of one-off Comedy's like "Hope It Rains" and Luv very much. I guess it is the same with CD's and Tapes too - an instance I recall taking nearly 10 Years to find a Chesney Hawks Tape or CD with "The Onea nd Only" on and the Carpenters one with the Radio Phone In's on it and there unique song's. if I have a hope of finding something or something set's me off i'm like a Dog with a Bone and will never relinquish the quest. Why this is (if it's through so liking years gone by of the 1980s and 1990s I don't know), it may be something else - I still could not answer it I guess.

80sChav

Comment

that is impressive mate.
                              had a feeling you would collect toy cars hence your username and pic.

i know someones dad who collects corgi but only the older stuff as they now make then overseas in china i think he said.

here a few themes for you mate.
                              http://youtu.be/Aw-GP1D6cdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA8yIXcY8HI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR65P73X5GI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwKjKHG5I4I

shows like dukes of hazzard.
                              dangermouse
                              he man
                              grange hill
                              the fall guy.
                              battlestar galactica
                              t j hooker.

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
                              Last edited by darren; 14-06-2012, 11:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X