Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you collect?

Default Re: What do you collect?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper68 View Post
    I collect Jaws memorabilia.
    ooh what you got? Massive Jaws fan, even have a piece of the log cabin ( you'll know what that is)

I collect mugs and glasses, have done since I was given an easter egg when I was little that had a Wispa mug with it. I just loved the fact that they had the chocolate bar names on, and I was nutty about adverts too when I was a kid (they influenced me more than the programmes did, but that's for another thread) so I wanted to get as many of them as I could. I have - combined mugs and glasses - got a couple of hundred now.

The glasses were mainly Coca-Cola related, I loved all those when I was little. I have slowed down on collecting them now, mainly because I don't partake of the beverages anymore, but if I see a rare one or one that I feel I just have to have, then I will get it. I use them occassionally. Mainly, they all live in big plastic storage boxes in the bottom of my wardrobe in my room. There are 5 boxes so far.

Obsessed, much?
    http://www.facebook.com/RikMayallFanpage - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
    http://www.youtube.com/nostalgiabank - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

those glasses do look very nice.
    mugs and glasses maybe they are not worth much iv no idea who much rare ones go for.
    but they sure do sound impressive.

perhaps you are running out of room.

Quote Originally Posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
    I collect mugs and glasses, have done since I was given an easter egg when I was little that had a Wispa mug with it. I just loved the fact that they had the chocolate bar names on, and I was nutty about adverts too when I was a kid (they influenced me more than the programmes did, but that's for another thread) so I wanted to get as many of them as I could. I have - combined mugs and glasses - got a couple of hundred now.

The glasses were mainly Coca-Cola related, I loved all those when I was little. I have slowed down on collecting them now, mainly because I don't partake of the beverages anymore, but if I see a rare one or one that I feel I just have to have, then I will get it. I use them occassionally. Mainly, they all live in big plastic storage boxes in the bottom of my wardrobe in my room. There are 5 boxes so far.

Obsessed, much?
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

I am starting to run out of room, but I will always find more room for more collection somwehere! They are not worth a lot in terms of money, but to me, they are priceless. They remind me of a happy, carefree time in my childhood, and for me, for personal reasons, they were few and far between.

Come Join The Fun!

thats sad.

those things u collect that have sentimental value are the most valuable not perhaps in money but that does not matter.

must say they do sound beautiful.

lokks like u have found some at car boots etc.

Quote Originally Posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
    I am starting to run out of room, but I will always find more room for more collection somwehere! They are not worth a lot in terms of money, but to me, they are priceless. They remind me of a happy, carefree time in my childhood, and for me, for personal reasons, they were few and far between.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

No, I don't go to carboot sales. I admit, in recent years, I have got a couple from charity shops, but mainly I collected them at the time, when they were on the shelves. Most of them come from easter eggs. The ones from my childhood, the 80s, are of a better quality, the modern ones you get now are just cheap mugs with a stick on transfer thing on them. The quality has gone downhill a lot I believe, I still collect though, it's an addiction, once you start, that's it! Haha! I got a lot off ebay too, in the past. The mugs themselves sell for very little but the postage costs can be enormous sometimes. I did get one, a week or so ago, in the Poundland chain of shops. It was the ultimate in Collection terms, an item that combined both of my collections together. A Coca Cola mug! Officaial product from Coca Cola and it was only a quid! Obv I couldn't just leave it on the shelf could I?

Come Join The Fun!

Ahem, just started collecting old phones, stared trying g to replicate the phone my family had as a kid, now just brought a second (green) phone, why??? 'cos I could, LOL!!!!!! (just don't tell the missus)

Of late I've been actively collecting military antiques. Though most of my collection is US I do have a few other items:

Argentine

Iraqi

And last but not least:

That green phone you recently bought brings back memories for me...... It was the first phone we had. Previously we had to rely on the phone box in all weathers come rain or shine to chat to friends or family. So it was great having our own. If it is still around I would like to buy a red lip shaped phone.

Now I am collecting 70's/80's/90's and 00's dvd's (slooooooooowly)

Quote Originally Posted by maxmix View Post
    Ahem, just started collecting old phones, stared trying to replicate the phone my family had as a kid, now just brought a second (green) phone, why??? 'cos I could, LOL!!!!!! (just don't tell the missus)

I think we had one of these phones at one time. I wouldn't mind finding another one.