X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you collect?

Originally posted by darren View Post
    very impressive mate.

the vintage toysu say u collect what are they mate..
    it could be so many different toys as its over the space of six decades.

have a few coins myelf i collect.
    I particularly like the friction, battery-operated and windup tin car models from the '30s through the '60s.

In front is a windup 1939 vintage Examico 4001 by Schuco and in back is a friction-powered '53 Cadillac made in the '70s.

Here's a view of Schuco showing the windup key

​Bonus Pic
    Hot Wheels from the '70s (centre), '80s (left) and '90s (right). One of the Hot Wheels I'm looking for is a double decker bus that was made in France in the '80s and sold only in Europe.
    Last edited by victorbrunswick; 23-10-2012, 18:26.

Comment

victor these are great mate.

the fact the hot wheels are in thee packaging and its in great nick makes it worth more and one of them is first edition makes it more special.

they are all siperb hope u get the one u eant mate.

so allof them have their orignal packaging or is it just the 2 hot wheels that do.

i also collect carry on film stuff.

the films i have on video from the eighties etc.

i have nine or ten something like that.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Most of my Hot Wheels are from the '90s and in the original packaging though I have a few that are open.

Comment

Here's partial view of "The Wall."

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
            I love that film!

I assume you are not talking about Richard Kiel!
            No not Richard Kiel although he was quite a good bond villain

Comment

oh man these are superb.
              there condition is fantastic.

that johnny lightning its obviously not in the hot wheels series.
              johnny lightning its a company like hot wheels am i correct mate.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
              Here's partial view of "The Wall."

Comment

Yes, Johnny Lightning is a line of diecast models similar to Hot Wheels and Matchbox, but of much better quality in my opinion. They originally came out in 1969 and were made by Topper. Unfortunately the original line was short-lived as Topper folded in 1971. Today the Topper Johnny Lightnings from 1969-71 are just as collectible as the original Hot Wheels. The present day Johnny Lightning was revived in 1994 by Playing Mantis. In 2005 they were bought out by a company called RC2 which was subsequently acquired by Tomy in 2011.

Interestingly enough, I thought the best models they ever produced were these classic British sports cars. I have the 1963 MGB from that series and that thing is SOLID. It's almost like a Corgi or Dinky car.

Comment

i can imagine the original jonny lightning series are very sought after and difficult to come across.

nice to see they whhere revived in 94.
                  surprising actually.

and from looking at the J L series cars you have here they do look better than the hot wheels ones.
                  Last edited by darren; 25-10-2012, 15:16.

Comment

I collect records, pre cert & rare videos, dvds, books, magazines, computers & consoles (and the games to go with them), drink cans, sweet wrappers, crisp packets, Game & Watch (and other handheld games), 70s & 80s toys, baseball caps & hats, metal packaging & food memorabilia, badges, old school electronic & musical equipment, plus other bits & bobs.
                    And my girlfriend has a gigantic My Little Pony collection !

Comment

yes i collect rare and not so rare precerts.
                      been dong so for yrs.
                      seems we collect a lot of the same things mate.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                      I collect records, pre cert & rare videos, dvds, books, magazines, computers & consoles (and the games to go with them), drink cans, sweet wrappers, crisp packets, Game & Watch (and other handheld games), 70s & 80s toys, baseball caps & hats, metal packaging & food memorabilia, badges, old school electronic & musical equipment, plus other bits & bobs.
                      And my girlfriend has a gigantic My Little Pony collection !

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                        I collect Jaws memorabilia.
                        ooh what you got? Massive Jaws fan, even have a piece of the log cabin ( you'll know what that is)

Comment

I collect mugs and glasses, have done since I was given an easter egg when I was little that had a Wispa mug with it. I just loved the fact that they had the chocolate bar names on, and I was nutty about adverts too when I was a kid (they influenced me more than the programmes did, but that's for another thread) so I wanted to get as many of them as I could. I have - combined mugs and glasses - got a couple of hundred now.

The glasses were mainly Coca-Cola related, I loved all those when I was little. I have slowed down on collecting them now, mainly because I don't partake of the beverages anymore, but if I see a rare one or one that I feel I just have to have, then I will get it. I use them occassionally. Mainly, they all live in big plastic storage boxes in the bottom of my wardrobe in my room. There are 5 boxes so far.

Obsessed, much?
                          - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                          - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

those glasses do look very nice.
                            mugs and glasses maybe they are not worth much iv no idea who much rare ones go for.
                            but they sure do sound impressive.

perhaps you are running out of room.

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
                            I collect mugs and glasses, have done since I was given an easter egg when I was little that had a Wispa mug with it. I just loved the fact that they had the chocolate bar names on, and I was nutty about adverts too when I was a kid (they influenced me more than the programmes did, but that's for another thread) so I wanted to get as many of them as I could. I have - combined mugs and glasses - got a couple of hundred now.

The glasses were mainly Coca-Cola related, I loved all those when I was little. I have slowed down on collecting them now, mainly because I don't partake of the beverages anymore, but if I see a rare one or one that I feel I just have to have, then I will get it. I use them occassionally. Mainly, they all live in big plastic storage boxes in the bottom of my wardrobe in my room. There are 5 boxes so far.

Obsessed, much?

Comment

I am starting to run out of room, but I will always find more room for more collection somwehere! They are not worth a lot in terms of money, but to me, they are priceless. They remind me of a happy, carefree time in my childhood, and for me, for personal reasons, they were few and far between.
                              - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                              - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

thats sad.

those things u collect that have sentimental value are the most valuable not perhaps in money but that does not matter.

must say they do sound beautiful.

lokks like u have found some at car boots etc.

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post
                                I am starting to run out of room, but I will always find more room for more collection somwehere! They are not worth a lot in terms of money, but to me, they are priceless. They remind me of a happy, carefree time in my childhood, and for me, for personal reasons, they were few and far between.

Comment

Working...
                                X