What do you collect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you collect?

No, I don't go to carboot sales. I admit, in recent years, I have got a couple from charity shops, but mainly I collected them at the time, when they were on the shelves. Most of them come from easter eggs. The ones from my childhood, the 80s, are of a better quality, the modern ones you get now are just cheap mugs with a stick on transfer thing on them. The quality has gone downhill a lot I believe, I still collect though, it's an addiction, once you start, that's it! Haha! I got a lot off ebay too, in the past. The mugs themselves sell for very little but the postage costs can be enormous sometimes. I did get one, a week or so ago, in the Poundland chain of shops. It was the ultimate in Collection terms, an item that combined both of my collections together. A Coca Cola mug! Officaial product from Coca Cola and it was only a quid! Obv I couldn't just leave it on the shelf could I?
    - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
    - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Ahem, just started collecting old phones, stared trying g to replicate the phone my family had as a kid, now just brought a second (green) phone, why??? 'cos I could, LOL!!!!!! (just don't tell the missus)

Comment

Of late I've been actively collecting military antiques. Though most of my collection is US I do have a few other items:

Argentine

Iraqi

And last but not least:

Comment

That green phone you recently bought brings back memories for me...... It was the first phone we had. Previously we had to rely on the phone box in all weathers come rain or shine to chat to friends or family. So it was great having our own. If it is still around I would like to buy a red lip shaped phone.

Now I am collecting 70's/80's/90's and 00's dvd's (slooooooooowly)

Originally posted by maxmix View Post
          Ahem, just started collecting old phones, stared trying to replicate the phone my family had as a kid, now just brought a second (green) phone, why??? 'cos I could, LOL!!!!!! (just don't tell the missus)

Comment

I think we had one of these phones at one time. I wouldn't mind finding another one.

Comment

loved that military stuff victor.
              really nice colours designs.

how long have you been collecting this mate.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

What force does the Kukri knife belong to?

I cannot see them now without thinking of a certain silky voiced sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  loved that military stuff victor.
                  really nice colours designs.

how long have you been collecting this mate.
                  I just started collecting militaria the last couple of years or so. On the subject of colourful, here's some of my favorite pieces -- I'm a big aviation buff. At present I collect Iraq and Afghanistan related militaria (mainly because they're more affordable) and hope to work my way back to World War II. I also have British War Medal 1914-1918 awarded to a Pte Alfred Hicklin of the South Wales Borderers.

Vietnam era

Circa early 1980s

I have another one that belonged to an American airman who was stationed at RAF Bentw-aters in the '70s or '80s though I haven't taken any pics of it yet. Below, these are among the few WWII items I have

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    What force does the Kukri knife belong to?

I cannot see them now without thinking of a certain silky voiced sniper.
                    The kukri knife is a Service No. 1 Knife of the type issued to the Brigade of Gurkhas (Royal Gurkha Rifles, Queen's Gurkha Engineers, Queen's Royal Gurkha Signals, and Queen's Own Gurkha Logistics Regiment). The badge on the hat is that of the Royal Gurkha Rifles.

Comment

I once worked with an ex-Gurkha. Fearsome guy, not someone you'd want to mess with.

Comment

I collected sugar lumps years ago, the ones that came in wrappers that you got in hotels, service stations, airports etc.

Comment

Dust & cobwebs

Comment

As I mentioned earlier I collect Butlins Filey memorabalia and last week I finally managed to get a copy of Paul Wray's Thanks for the Memories book at a good price on ebay and was plesantly surprised to find a photo of me in there taken with what must be the 913 club. I can't recall the picture being taken but I look about 10 at the time.
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

whats the 913 club mate.
                              is there much memorabilia you can het to do with butlins filey

actually what do you mean by filey.

Originally posted by HG View Post
                              As I mentioned earlier I collect Butlins Filey memorabalia and last week I finally managed to get a copy of Paul Wray's Thanks for the Memories book at a good price on ebay and was plesantly surprised to find a photo of me in there taken with what must be the 913 club. I can't recall the picture being taken but I look about 10 at the time.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Filey is a seaside town.

Comment

Working...
                                X