Clear All

• Re: Crisps

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post

Seabrook.

mmmm...seabrooks are the best crisps ever...especially the chees and onion
    ...chilli...

Comment

Wow Wigwams! That's a blast from the past.
      I can't remember what they tasted like though.
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

had that very bag tonight..yummy!
        sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Snaps (1986)

Attached Files
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
            Yeah! I just can't remember ever seeing Crispi for sale:cry:
            The crisp with Gifts! I would have been buying it all the time if I'd known about it. Anyone remember it?
            Attached Files
            Heather

Comment

Found this today in the loft
              Was a promotion from golden wonder in 1979/1980.I had to collect 100(i think) tokens from the crisp packets.The poster had black and white photos and the 12 stickers went over the photos.I didn't eat 100 packs of crisp BTW,i used to find most of them in the street,hedgerows etc.Does anyone else remember this?

Comment

^

Attached Files
                Heather

Comment

All dated 1987... KP Alien Spacers, Smiths Squared and Smiths Salt 'n' Shake
                  Attached Files
                  Heather

Comment

Hi Guys,

I am trying to settle an argument regarding the existence of a specific crisp.

Doughnut Flavoured Skips!

I know they existed as I ate them and they were horrible! It was around 10 years ago I think, the packaging was pink and I think it was some kind of Simpsons limited edition.

Can anyone verify this or does anyway have a picture of one of the packs?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Sounds disgusting!
                      Google only throws up (sic) "Doughnut flavoured Skips", but no real evidence.
                      I recall Vanilla flavoured Monster Munch

Comment

If they were Simpsons one would assume the spelling 'donut' would have been used!!

Not that it helps any further with the google search result.
                        Heather

Comment

Thank you for contacting us concerning Donut flavoured KP Skips. We can confirm that we did produce these and that they were discontinued quite a few years ago and are unlikely to be manufactured again.

Before any product reaches the shelves, extensive and costly product development and research is undertaken. Only a small percentage of new product concepts reach the retail outlet and even then, products may easily fail to gain the necessary appeal. Sadly, therefore, some products are removed from sale after only a seemingly short time.

However, a longer manufactured product may also be discontinued due to a falling off of popularity, resulting in it no longer being a viable product to produce.

Kind regards,
                          Sue Gibson,
                          Consumer Services Co-ordinator.

Knew it!

Comment

thanks for the update, all eyes on ebay for a empty packet
                            Heather

Comment

Hey Guys!
                              No one seems to believe me about these crisps, but maybe someone on here can clarify their existence! I cant recall which company produced them and I am not 100% sure on the name, but I think they were called "French Fries". Before you say it, they are not the French Fries by Walkers that we know and love today! They were more like Chipsticks and I seem to remember the packets being long, rather than tall (kinda like a crisp packet on its side).
                              From what I can remember they came in Salt and Vinegar flavour (in a blueish green packet) and I think Prawn Cocktail (in a pinkish packet).
                              Oh, and the packets looked like newspaper... anyone remember??

Comment

the only other ones i vaguely remember were french potato sticks/ stix
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X