• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crisps

They also attached a picture!!
    Attached Files

Comment

No, Its not them. :-( I am close to giving up! Lol. Just spent about an hour on Google image search trying to find them... no joy.

Comment

Comment

No, Its not either of those :cry:
          Here is my memory of them : (Sorry for the crude drawing)!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	French Fries.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	259364
          The prawn cocktail ones were this kinda colour and the salt and vinegar ones were blueish green.
          Its driving me crazy! Lol

Comment

Deffo rings a bell with me

Comment

Oh good! I am glad I am not the only one who remembers them... I was beginining to think I was going mad!

Comment

If they are out there, we will find them

Comment

We have these in OZ which remind me of the old French Stix (or whatever they were called) we had in the UK as a kid.

They're long squarish very oily crisps that are straight, great when hungover. These are nothing like proper UK "French Fries".

The name of those old ones is bugging me, I keep thinking "micro" then "french" then "chip" but "stix" seems to always pop up.

Comment

Bah can't edit the previous post.

Anyway, luckily my work had a snacksize bag of the crisps above, this is what they look like:

Wish I could remember that name still!

Comment

• Re: Hi guys, I'm a newbie

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post

Found on line
                      Farmer Brown's - rotten "farmyard animal" shaped efforts - the corn pulp- moulding technology meant cow, sheep and chicken alike looked more like jellyfish. "Farmer Brown, you've got a crunchy snack there!" went the cartoon animals in the ad. "Oo-ar!" replied Farmer Brown, somewhat predictably. "Bags of moo, neigh, woof, baa and ****-a-doodle-doo." Can't have lasted more than six months.

I didn't think they were "rotten"

Mmmmmm I remember those puffy bacon flavour pig shaped crispy snacks. Thanks for the Farmer Brown info.

I love DYR

Comment

[QUOTE=sixtyten;82436]Legendary Burtons Fish 'n' Chips

Didn't they also do one called "Chicken and chips" Omg use to love them

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten
                          a few more obscurities

Sam Spudz?
                          Sam Spudz. These were deffo Top on my list of fav Crisp. x Aw Bring them back, my mouth is drooling

Comment

Originally posted by LoopDe View Post
                            No, Its not either of those :cry:
                            Here is my memory of them : (Sorry for the crude drawing)!
                            [ATTACH]2265[/ATTACH]
                            The prawn cocktail ones were this kinda colour and the salt and vinegar ones were blueish green.
                            Its driving me crazy! Lol
                            I seem to remember some packet of beef thingy type chipstix made by KP or Smiths. Came in a small bag, (cheeper than normal crisps) but you got hundreds of these little cruncy stick things. The flavours wer fab. really strong

Not to sure if there the same, but they also did other flavours in them, although i only ever had the beef one's

Comment

Originally posted by Artemesia View Post
                              Here is one that i am sure no-one will remember.

Vico Crisps.

Vico were the brand name for regular crisps that were mainly but not exclusively sold in Kwik Save in the early 80's. They didn't last long and my sister and i think this is because the flavours were illegally strong. No kidding; a glass of milk was needed to get through a packet regardless of the flavour, and trying to eat the Wuster Sauce was almost impossible.

The flavours included;
                              Cheese and Onion
                              Beef
                              Wuster Sauce
                              I remember these as well. brought back memories of when I was working many moons ago. Going on the dinner run, and calling in the shop espellialy for a packet of the Beef flavour one.s. hmmmmmmmm can still taste them now. x

Comment

Originally posted by Josenrab View Post
                                Didn't they also do one called "Chicken and chips" Omg use to love them
                                Those fish and chips As far as i remember are still around.I seem to remember having some Within the last couple of years.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X