Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crisps

Originally posted by tanas
    Does anyone remember 'Claws'? I'm sure there were a 'Bone' variety too. I just can't remember what flavour they were but know they weren't pickled onion. Any ideas?

I remember them..bones were salt and vinegar flavour fangs were cheeseand onion and bats were beef flavour they were lovely.

Comment

I have SO enjoyed trawling through this thread - and seeing so many packets of stuff I'd completely forgotten about! Lovely to see the old familiar packets - the little man in the pompom'ed beret on Golden Wonder, the Smiths logo, TUDOR crisps, even Rishy crisps have appeared! And I'd completely forgotten about Gammon flavour!

Does anyone remember who made the Sausage'n'Tomato and Hot Dog'n'Mustard flavoured crisps? I seem to recall a tv ad where they were introducing new flavours and asking for suggestions - a gangster type character appeared, brandishing a gun, and saying "Hot Dog and Mustard" in a comedy threatening voice. I'm guessing Golden Wonder, but could be KP.

"You gotta choose Tudor when you're gonna choose your crisps
      Cos Tudor have the flavour, and Tudor have the crisps"

Anyone remember the jingle? Did I get the words right, they seem a bit naff!

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer
        I WANT that badge!!!!!!
        Never realised smiths crisps had groupies.
        sigpic

Comment

Attached Files
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post

Does anyone remember who made the Sausage'n'Tomato and Hot Dog'n'Mustard flavoured crisps? I seem to recall a tv ad where they were introducing new flavours and asking for suggestions - a gangster type character appeared, brandishing a gun, and saying "Hot Dog and Mustard" in a comedy threatening voice. I'm guessing Golden Wonder, but could be KP.
            I remember there being some Hotdog & Mustard crisps in the late 1980s. The packets had an American sports theme, & there were 1 or 2 other flavours in the range, can't remember who made them.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

*Groan*
              Incredible for 9p & four crisp packets

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                I remember there being some Hotdog & Mustard crisps in the late 1980s. The packets had an American sports theme, & there were 1 or 2 other flavours in the range, can't remember who made them.
                Are you thinking of those Cheeseburger flavoured Quarterbacks??
                You can still get them (Red Mill make them)
                Last edited by sixtyten; 30-12-2009, 01:01.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                  Are you thinking of those Cheeseburger flavoured Quarterbacks??
                  You can still get them (Red Mill make them)
                  I've not seen any for about 20 years but will keep my eyes open.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

OK - Who remembers "Good 'N' Crunchy Crisps?" they were very high bran type thingys, and the cheese and onion ones smelled vile! Tasted OK though,?

Comment

I know its a long thread to read though but good n crunchy pics can be found
                      Heather

Comment

Yep! found em! well done to everyone for finding all this stuff out - it really is an olympic effort! Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
                          Yep! found em! well done to everyone for finding all this stuff out - it really is an olympic effort! Keep it up!
                          This is one of the best forums i have found.Some serious collectors here!
                          The internet can be a frustrating place to look for information.
                          sigpic

Comment

Chee'tos
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ch2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	259574

Click image for larger version

Name:	cheetos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	259573
                            Heather

Comment

I hated Cheetos.. too powdery
                              I used to print the Cheetos boxes

Comment

Has anyone mentioned crunchy puffs? They came in a long thin bag with an elephant on and cost 2p! Then they came out in a regular square bag and were 5p! I loved them!
                                Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
                                X