Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crisps

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
    Apparently they are available again. Check this link http://www.goldenwonder.com/ringos-brand.asp
    What on Earth have they done with that logo? It's hideous!

Cheese and onion Ringos used to be my favourites (I remember they had some good mail-aways, too) so it'll be interesting to see if they still taste the same to my nostalgia-addled palette.

Comment

What/who's logo are you referring too ?
      Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

I think you'll find that website has not been updated for a good few years. Ringos came and went again in 2007. On that page they are also advertising Golden lights, which are not made anymore either AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
          I collect beermats and have a number of old XL Crisp mats (they are probably 1950s/60s) I don't know when this brand was first marketed but I think they are now owned by Golden Wonder. I will endeavour to attach pictures in due course if I can find out how to do this

Comment

I have a vague recollection of some chicken crisps that were like a criss cross shape. Might have been called Whickers?

Comment

• Crisps

^ That would be KP Wickers

Comment

Don't remember the strawberry fizz ones but I remember the lemonade ones and the school cleaner's face when she tried one.
                One of the kids gave me a load of packets because I liked them.
                WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PavlovsDog View Post
                  I have a vague recollection of some chicken crisps that were like a criss cross shape. Might have been called Whickers?
                  I definetly remember Wickers and the medieval themed advert for them.

Originally posted by harlequinn
                  Does anyone remember hedgehog flavoured crisps!
                  They tasted suspiciously like chicken flavour crisps.
                  WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten

I remember the adverts.... clumsy Clumsy Colin, the comic strip he and the Quavers dog (plus The Big Daddt strip) in The Buster comic. There was also a computer game based on Clumsy Colin as well.
                    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Piglets! I found em!

Comment

Originally posted by Avie View Post

Piglets! I found em!

Oh my god!!! Thank you so much for posting this!! Amazing!! So they are Burton's. Wow am as chuffed as little mint balls

You've made my day!!!!
                        Heather

Comment

You are very welcome. I ripped the image from this Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...id=39607756390 so I can't take credit for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Avie View Post
                            You are very welcome. I ripped the image from this Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...id=39607756390 so I can't take credit for it.
                            Oh my gosh!! Fantastic link to some fantastic packets, I'm not at home at the moment but there are some real gems for posting up! Boy I'm I glad you joined

Heather

Comment

Oh my word! SAY CHEESE!!!!!! I loved them. No-one else can remember them and I was beginning to think I'd dreamt them up.

Comment

I remember only the Skydivers in Salt & Vinager, quite nice though the figures were often brokwn up badly by the time I opened the packet.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X