Crisps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crisps and Pop.

I used to love the Tudor Crisps,Lamb and Mint sauce,Hot dog flavour,i enjoyed the curry crisps as well.Oxo flavour was my favourite,i do remember Chocolate Flavour and they where disgusting!!!!!
    You Will Never Walk Alone

Comment

• Re: Crisps

rock n rollers were my favourites as a kid i remember sticking the tip of my tongue in the middle of the shell shape because thats where all the excess salt n vinegar powdery flavouring stuff seemed to gather and it burnt like hell -- gawd i must have been a really kinky seven year old

Comment

Anyoen remember Monster Munch that turned yoru tongue blue? or did I totally dream it? Also Vanilla or Ice cream falvour Monster Munch??

Comment

Originally posted by jerricabenton View Post
          Anyoen remember Monster Munch that turned yoru tongue blue? or did I totally dream it? Also Vanilla or Ice cream falvour Monster Munch??
          No you didn't dream either of them, both were sold in the UK. If you put them into google then select Images it will bring up pictures
          Heather

Comment

I'm always surprised by the domination of Walker's crisps today, as when I was young I remember thinking that they were one of the cheaper brands found lurking in newsagents with the likes of Benson's. Top brands were Tudor, KP, Smiths and Golden Wonder. Was this just a regional difference? I know Tudor had the Geordie advert but was it a North Eastern company?
            1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember my mum used to buy Riley's crisps a lot in the 1980s, I'm guessing they were based in the North West, our local greengrocers sold them in multipacks.

Some newsagents near me sold Tudor, who seemed to have some slightly odd flavours like pepper & salt.

Walkers used to have a cheaply made ad where this old bloke sat in his lounge talking about Walker's "just cooked taste".

A lot of Smith's brands seemed to be taken over by Walkers in the early 1990s, I guess there was a merger of sorts.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Im from Durham and the main brands I used to buy in the late 70's and 80's were Tudor, KP and Smiths. Used to buy things like Krunchi Puffs etc but hardly ever Walkers. I always thought Walkers tasted cheap compared to Tudor and Smiths. Seabrookes were also a favourite! Especially the Tomato Ketchup flavour. I loved 'Mild Curry' flavour too but I cant remember if they were Tudor or Smiths.
                Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

It was all Smiths, KP & Golden Wonder when I was a kid. Only remember Walkers as a brand in the late 80's

Comment

Turns out Tudor were based in Sunderland then got taken over by Smiths but still kept the Tudor name. Nabisco bought out Walkers, then Nabisco also took over Smiths, then they ditched the Tudor brand and most of the Smiths branding in 2003 to let their Walkers run riot, and now the whole shebang is owned by Pepsico. Phew. So, it seems the crisps of today are of mixed heritage, and it's all the American's fault for letting the runty Walkers name slay Tudor and Smiths.

And mild curry crisps were Tudor.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Indeed, but at least we don't have Frito Lays yet.. thank God!

Comment

When I was young I mostly got Seabrookes from a machine at my local swimming baths, the ketchup ones were one of my favourites.

since then my Mum has bought multipacks of them.

Comment

Thanks Tricky. Thought they were Tudor!!
                          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Has anyone got some 1980s Sainsbury's crisp packets, I remember they used the same basic design colour coded for different flavours.

Comment

Can anyone remember really cheap own brand crisps from Presto in the 1980's? Boring for this thread as the packets were completely white with no writing on them, although for some reason I thought this was cool at the time. I think they were ready salted and later additions of flavours had the flavour written on the front of the white bag in a basic font coloured to match the flavour.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten
                                These?

No, I remember the crisps Trickyvee is on about - they were a completely white packet (no see through) with the flavour in small black writing

Comment

Working...
                                X