Crisps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkers Spicy Sausage

Don't think we've had mention of these before?
    Fantastiks

awesome finds
    Welsh Bensons Dragon crisps

Rileys

Originally posted by Heather74
    Rileys
    My local greengrocers used to sell these crisps, later on they sold Richmond's crisps which wern't as nice.
    Murphy Roast OX

This might be a new to the forum find?
    Smiths Krazy Krunchers
    Heather

Comment

• This might be a new to the forum find?
      1970's Smiths Krazy Krunchers crisp packet, sticker & free toy form.

Heather

Comment

• Farmer Browns
        Heather

Comment

• 'Horror crisps' are a big thing among my friends and I, what with us being mainly in our late 40s-early 50s and either horror or scifi enthusiasts. Or both. In fact, two or three books published have even touched on the subject in places- I contributed to another, but then the publisher buggered orff to work for Nicholas Winding Refn, the editor moved in with his missus and then the pandemic happened, so that was the end of that...

As for crisps, I wouldn't say I'm addicted to them, but by GOD do I love them: they're my ultimate comfort food. Unfortunately, as well as being pretty fattening themselves, they tend to also taste their best when dipped in 'stuff' [hummus, taramasalata, cheese and chive dip, garlic and onion dip, sandwich fillers, mayo etc] so that in turn becomes another problem!! I REALLY am trying to cut down: I moved onto vegan cheese to circumvent THAT particular addiction, but even vegan crisps are just as full of calories and starch, and other than root vegetable crisps [which are bloody expensive] there's no other substitute out there!!!

If I had to pick a favourite, it would HAVE to be Brannigans Ham & Mustard, although I'm also very fond of McCoys steak, pickled onion Monster Munch, cool original Doritos, Walkers cheese and onion, spicy tomato Wheat Crunchies [don't half play havoc with my allergy though] Frazzles, Tangy Toms, ANY flavour of Seabrooks or Kettle Chips [all gluten free!!] those fish and chip vinegar ones whatever they're called, and for old times' sakes, Quavers, Squares, Skips and what are the long thin ones called? De-smegging licious the lot of them. I do still miss the old Smiths with the salt shaker bag though....

Comment

• Smugglers Contraband

Heather

Comment

• Champs
              Heather

Comment

• Tudor Egg and Bacon
                Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l400.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	295138
                Heather

Comment

• A lot of crisp packet images ive not seen before.
                  And sadly a lot of them u cant see anymore.

Is there any way of getting them back.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

• You could write to the company that originally made them if they still exist, i.e Walkers.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• Burton's Snip snaps
                      Heather

Comment

• This one could go either here, or on the Litter on the Pavement thread which I started a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn0351j342po

It is an empty Golden Wonder roast chicken crisp packet from 1968, (original price: 6d) which was found by litter pickers in Kesgrave in Suffolk.

I have mentioned this before on here about people finding empty crisp packets mostly in coastal areas which are decades old which are more or less in perfect condition - as we are featuring old empty crisp packets on this page, I thought that I would include the link. In those days there were no Best Before dates on them, but this one had competition to win a trip to the Olympics which were held in Mexico City in October 1968 - the closing date was 17th August 1968.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• I seem remember Murphy crisps at our local 'pool, a treat after swimming along with 'Zing biscuits and a hot drink.

Comment

• Hi there,

There's a type of crisp that I've been trying to work out for a few years.
                            They would be early 80s, 81-84ish. They were little tubes, Not like Smiths Tubes, much smaller/narrower and thinner, kind of drinking straw dimensions, but only a couple of centimetres long and broken bits at the bottom of the bag (yum), some ends may have been still sealed?

I don't really recall the flavour other than plain / almost toastie potato and I think there may have been a cartoon dragon on the bag (though not Snaps!)

Does it ring any bells with anyone?

Cracking thread btw!

Cheers

Comment

• Sound a bit like Burtons potato puffs
                              Heather

Comment

• my thoughts too

Comment

Working...
                                X