Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread: Crisps

Default Re: Crisps

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    When I was a child I recall eating crisps made by Golden Wonder. There was also a brand of crisps which contained a shachet of salt, which could be added at the desired amount.
    That'd be Smith's Salt n Shake. They still seel them, but they are now Walkers Salt n Shake.

That's the picture of the crisps. I would have thought it would be more popular now as there are concerns about salt content in foods. But of course it will not work, as it gives the consumer a choice. In this day and age it has to be forced on the nation.

Re: Putting salt and vinegar on plain crisps. Yes, I have done that before, though putting vinegar on was equally as unsuccessful as a previous poster's wife's attempts. Putting salt on was far better. I recall Smith's did put a little sachet of salt in the packet. My dad told me that salt sachets were very common in packets of crisps back in the 40s. Not sure if all crisps were plain back then.

Talking about crisps, does anyone remember the Walkers Crisps promotion circa 1993 where some packs had a blue sachet which often contained an voucher for a few packet of crisps (or money off a six pack of crisps)?

The adverts (which were some of the first that Gary Lineker did) had showed Lineker finding a blue sachet with a 20 note inside, although I very much doubt that actual banknotes were contained inside them. Of course, they were very similar to the salt sachets that Smiths Salt 'n' Shake Crisps had a few years before.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

I was wondering how many flavours from that "Do us a Flavour" competition from around ten years ago are still being made for Walkers Crisps? Someone at the time obviously suggested Hedgehog flavour (a favourite with university students, no doubt).
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Smiths Fizzpuff