Father Ted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Father Ted

Even that's not said that often. It just has more impact because it's not done as often, and when it's done it becomes iconic.

Remember the scene in the picnic area where the sign says no swearing allowed?

That sign cracks me up every time.

No swearing.
    No paddling.
    No single women.
    No tree climbing.
    No loitering.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Comment

love that sly mate.LOL

Great picnic area looks lovely.
      not many trees from what i can see.

-------------------------------------------------------
      Richard1978
      i heard it ended because dermot morgan died shortly after the third series.

he said wouldnt it be odd if i died shortlly after the third series and he did.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

No loitering. In an area where you sit and relax.

Comment

It depends on the person wether 10 is too young for things or not.

Comment

Loved Father Ted with all my heart. Made me laugh like a hyena at a very difficult period in my life. It was a work of pure comedy genius, comedy gold; can't rate the show highly enough. Sad that Dermot Morgan was taken so soon. Dermot and Ardal were a great pairing, perfect for the job, and they pulled it off with aplomb.

Comment

Brilliant comedy. Great actors. What more can I say.

John

Comment

I love the episode where Mrs Doyle had a crush on the milk man, and Dougal got to drive the milk float.

The only character that did nothing for me = Father Jack. I don't find his character or lines funny at all, and wish he wasn't in it.

Comment

Originally posted by DaysWentRollingBy View Post
                  The only character that did nothing for me = Father Jack. I don't find his character or lines funny at all, and wish he wasn't in it.
                  That would be an ecumenical matter.

Comment

Originally posted by DaysWentRollingBy View Post
                    I love the episode where Mrs Doyle had a crush on the milk man, and Dougal got to drive the milk float.

Everyone I know who watched it thought he was the funniest character!

Great show anyway.

Comment

one of the best british comedies of the 90s, got them all on DVD, hilarious

fave episode would be "The Mainland" - this is the one with Richard Wilson, and the second appearance by Graham Norton, so damn funny.

Comment

yeah dougal says to ted he would just love it of you said his catchphrase to him.
                        how wrong he was.

love grahamm nortons character.

the only character who dougal could not understand he thought was odder than he was.
                        and thats saying something.heh

i thought jack was great fun how he love his brick.

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
                        one of the best british comedies of the 90s, got them all on DVD, hilarious

fave episode would be "The Mainland" - this is the one with Richard Wilson, and the second appearance by Graham Norton, so damn funny.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                          yeah dougal says to ted he would just love it of you said his catchphrase to him.
                          how wrong he was.
                          lol yeah and the bit when Ted's in the caves and just says casually to the guide "really? i don't believe it" then Richard Wilson turns rounds and is like "YOU AGAIN!" and starts beating him up

Comment

I think I must rewatch this show at least 10 times every year. It always lifts my spirits purely because the characters are such a weird eclectic bunch of oddballs that you can't help but laugh at them.

Bishop Brennan was also a favourite, even though he only appeared perhaps 3 or 4 times throughout the entire show. But I think my favourite episode would be the one where Ted has to kick the bishop up the ****!

Comment

I've always loved watching Father Ted, i have the whole series on DVD.
                              My fave episode is where Ted and Dougal enter the song contest!

Comment

Can’t abide Father Ted.

Love Ted and Ted2 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X