Noele Gordon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noele Gordon?

Anyone just see that ITV 1 prog about Noele Gordon off Crossroads? She was a 'fine bit of skirt' when she was young - qwar!!! However, she did come across as a bit of a prima - donna, especially how she treated Tony Adams (Adam Chance in the show) in real life treating him as her manservant! I wouldn't half be surprised if the bosses at ATV were simply fed up of her ego and booted her off - they may say it was because new production staff wanted to make the show less soap and more drama but you only have to see what happened to Hughie Greene to wonder about Noele's sacking...I also heard she was quite a predatory woman toward the younger, prettier female members of the crew - but that could just be rumours...and no I'm not insulting her if she was a closet lesbian.

Re: Noele Gordon?

i remember at the time she left crossroads there was an almighty hoohaa........front page stuff on all the papers........crossroads was nothing without her but like everything crossroads had to move on as it was getting left behind

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
      Anyone just see that ITV 1 prog about Noele Gordon off Crossroads?... wouldn't half be surprised if the bosses at ATV were simply fed up of her ego and booted her off -
      Yep. I saw that on ITV +1 or whatever channel it was t'other night. Its hard to imagine, If you're not a certain age, how massively successful Crossroads was in the '70s - and early '80s. I reckon they did a Bet Lynch on ol' Noele, and decided to ditch her as she got too big for her boots. No-one is bigger than the show, as they say.

Comment

They had got fed up with her as Noele wasn't happy about change and the producers felt Crossroads was going to be left behind on the tv ratings ...........so in order to reinvent Crossroads as a new up to date hotel rather than a motel they decided to have an explosion and poor meg was in the wrong place at the wrong time or was that the right place at the right time?

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
          Yep. I saw that on ITV +1 or whatever channel it was t'other night. Its hard to imagine, If you're not a certain age, how massively successful Crossroads was in the '70s - and early '80s. I reckon they did a Bet Lynch on ol' Noele, and decided to ditch her as she got too big for her boots. No-one is bigger than the show, as they say.
          Corrie did the same with Len Fairclough actor Peter Adamson - he didn't even get to work on telly again, actors should always be respectful to the writers and producers, you endure longer in a show, afterall, its a job!

Comment

There was other reasons for Peter Adamson
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by HG View Post
              There was other reasons for Peter Adamson
              aye there sure was

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
                aye there sure was
                Yep - t'was rather lurid too...

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                  Corrie did the same with Len Fairclough actor Peter Adamson - he didn't even get to work on telly again, actors should always be respectful to the writers and producers, you endure longer in a show, afterall, its a job!
                  What really killed his career, were allegations that he molested a girl at a swimming baths. He was later found innocent of the charge.

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
                    What really killed his career, were allegations that he molested a girl at a swimming baths. He was later found innocent of the charge.
                    Well he did use Carson, Q.C. - he got off Jeremy Thorpe MP an all...! But, after that it was his arrogance towards Granada that really hit the nail in his coffin - his bizzare euology on TV AM dressed as a Pall Barer was ridiculous and bitter - the show did go on without him - he was an arrogant man...I think he even did similar to another little girl after his arrogant tirade and that added to it, may be wrong...what a prat of a man!

Comment

Working...
                    X