Donna Summer (1948-2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donna Summer (1948-2012)

Donna Summer, the "Queen of Disco" died today after a battle with cancer. She was 63.

Re: Donna Summer (1948-2012)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...s-aged-63.html
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Very sad. I remember dancing to her hits at the Red Cross youth group disco's
      Heather

Comment

This is awful news about the passing of Donna Summer. I often recall thinking what a brilliantly unique voice Donna had just like Blondie/Debroah Harry has - no matter what type of song was sung. A legend of her the 1970s/1980s without doubt.

Comment

Very Sad news

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post

Very Sad news
            Well put.

Comment

She had an unmistakeable voice. RIP.
              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Very sad news.

I was too young to remember her at her peak, but discovered here via my Dad's CD collection.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

RIP Donna Summer

:cry:
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18109654

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_Summer
                  DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

A very sad piece of news today

Comment

Comment

this is so sad.
                        she had some very good songs

R.I.P DONNA
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Donna Summer- R.I.P.??

Just heard on the Radio 4 midnight news that Donna Summer's kicked the bucket- she was in her late '60s I think. I don't know how others feel, but I never forgave her for the repulsive comment she made in the late 1980s that (quote) 'gays are disgusting, and that AIDS is God's revenge on them' (unquote). She later issued an apology for the remark, but I think that was mainly because her record company forced her to rather than because she really meant it. I used to like her music, especially 'I Feel Love', but since she said those horrible things I've never been able to enjoy listening to her stuff. The ultimate irony was that gay band The Communards issued a cover version of 'I Feel Love' soon after her comments!!
                          Not really sure if I can feel really sorry she's gone....
                          In 1985 she collaborated with Musical Youth in their single 'Unconditional Love', one of their last hits.

Comment

Re: Donna Summer- R.I.P.??

She was 63 roxxy.

Originally posted by roxxy View Post
                            just heard on the radio 4 midnight news that donna summer's kicked the bucket- she was in her late '60s i think. I don't know how others feel, but i never forgave her for the repulsive comment she made in the late 1980s that (quote) 'gays are disgusting, and that aids is god's revenge on them' (unquote). She later issued an apology for the remark, but i think that was mainly because her record company forced her to rather than because she really meant it. I used to like her music, especially 'i feel love', but since she said those horrible things i've never been able to enjoy listening to her stuff. The ultimate irony was that gay band the communards issued a cover version of 'i feel love' soon after her comments!!
                            Not really sure if i can feel really sorry she's gone....
                            In 1985 she collaborated with musical youth in their single 'unconditional love', one of their last hits.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I first came across Donna Summer when she released the song 'I don't wanna get hurt' with Stock Aitken and Waterman. From there I discovered her legendary status from earlier years as the Queen of Disco. A sad loss.
                              1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                              X