Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School holiday scheduling early 80s - have I got this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School holiday scheduling early 80s - have I got this right?

I'm a bit vague on this but I think I remember that if you got up really early, like 6-ish, you could catch The Magic Roundabout, a bit later and it would be Get Along Gang or The Raccoons, then about 9am would be Pink Panther and Littlest Hobo. (Then I'd be out playing all day and be back in time for tea and the A-Team, what a brilliant time to be a kid)

Can anyone help fill my memory in a bit? I'm sure there a couple of other ones that were regulars at the time of the shows I listed. I don't suppose there are any old TV Times scans or anything? I know when I was a kid I didn't even need to look at the listings, I had everything memorised!

Re: School holiday scheduling early 80s - have I got this right?

I seem to recall there were always children's programs on very early. I have a link where you can check.
    http://tvlistings.thetvroomplus.com/

Comment

Thank you! I could look at those for hours

Comment

If we're talking BBC1, then I remember 'Why Don't You' & 'Junior Kickstart' always being on at around 10-11 am,
        Also 'Huckleberry Finn' always seemed to be on during summer holidays.

Comment

i remember huck finn being on iotv duiring the summer hols.

from memory your correct with the other two just not about the time though seems a tad early.
          huck finn started in 79.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
          If we're talking BBC1, then I remember 'Why Don't You' & 'Junior Kickstart' always being on at around 10-11 am,
          Also 'Huckleberry Finn' always seemed to be on during summer holidays.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Staples of BBC school holidays in the 1980s were Why Don't You, The Pink Panther Show, The Monkees & Huckleberry Finn.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

school holidays were not school holidays unless the BBC were showing those really badly dubbed european series such as flashing blades ,on white horses or robinson crusoe every now and then they`d throw on old saturday morning cinema series like flash gordon and old harrold llyod silent movie shorts on.

Comment

just looking at some of those dates on that link of the tv room it surprised me as i have no memory of BBC closing down several times during the day in the 70`s and 80`s

Comment

I remember the BBC showing the odd Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon or those Republic serials like Undersea Kingdom into the 1990s.

I don't remember too many European dubs in the mornings, though Silas & Tim Tyler were on in the afternoons.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

What a great link. Many thanks. It's going to keep me busy whilst I try and get the theme tune to The Littlest Hobo out of my head...There's a voice, keeps on calling me, down the road, that's where I'll always be. Every stop I take, I make a new friend...aaarrgghh!

Comment

Working...
                    X