Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tuck Shops?

Default Re: Tuck Shops?

When I was at school the best thing to get from the tuck shop was 10p Thingies! Beef flavour were best lol. In lessons they could last from break til lunch

thats sad might depend on when you where at school like primary in the seventies etc.

but i remember tuck shops great stuff was not a big user of it myself most of what i had was school dinners if they where good enough.
    but if i was real hungry id get something from the tuck shop.

Quote Originally Posted by SG1973 View Post
    We never had a tuck shop - not at my primary or secondary schools - boo
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

i always remember buying 20p bottles of Panda brand fizzy juice, 10p plastic cartons of still fruit juice, 10p Chomps, and 10p crisps like Crunchies and Quarterbacks etc

I had about 25p a day to spend on sweets at the School Tuck Shop. I usually bought a Choc Dip or maybe Outer Spacer crisps.

Btw, take a look at this book, The Great British Tuck Shop.

We had a tuck shop at our school for a while but it got broke in to and so they stopped it ( it was a rough old place) so a few of the more buisness minded kids started there own one ( every break in the boys toilets) selling shop bought sweets at inflated prices .... went well till they got busted
    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

The tuck shop at my school was broken into as it was one of the gym store rooms & only had one door between it & the outside.

It eventually it was relocated into an alcove in the main hall
    The Trickster On The Roof

I went to a very small village primary school so there was no tuck shop but an old lady who lived across the road used to sell sweets to us from her back door. I don't think she made a lot of money but probably enjoyed the company. I suppose that wouldn't be allowed nowadays, health and safety or something would put a stop to it. We did have one at secondary school though, and I remember the introduction of new sweets like Star Bars, Wham and Wispa being rather exciting!

cant ever remember seeing that sort of tuck shop before i wonder did she actually get paid by your primary school did she work or them by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivedOnMars View Post
    I went to a very small village primary school so there was no tuck shop but an old lady who lived across the road used to sell sweets to us from her back door. I don't think she made a lot of money but probably enjoyed the company. I suppose that wouldn't be allowed nowadays, health and safety or something would put a stop to it. We did have one at secondary school though, and I remember the introduction of new sweets like Star Bars, Wham and Wispa being rather exciting!
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

No, she wasn't connected to the school. Just an old lady who set up a little shop at her house.

hi, new to this forum and i am so pleased i found it, brings back fond memories of childhood. just wanted to see if anyone remembered the 5p tangy bars which came in lime, orange and mint flavor they were ace, also highland toffee bar which had a white wrapper and picture of the cow/bull on it.