Tuck Shops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuck Shops?

Who remembers Tuck Shops from schooldays, and what did you buy? I remember buying Jammy Dodgers and Taxi (Chocolate wafrer bars.) and Captain Scarlet wafers too

Happy days! I remember buying Blue riband,football crazy snacks,burtons potato puffs and wagon wheels,which were huge it seemed. why they are still marketed is a mystery as I never see anyone eating them anymore

Comment

Burtons Potato Puffs, loved them , barbercue beef? You're right about the Wagon Wheels too, seemed as big as erm wagon wheels, and Tudor crisps, supposedly very strong flavored I recall pickled onion ones.

Comment

Those Tunnocks wafer bars and the Terry's version of the kit kat. Think it was called Waifa. Used to come in milk or plain choc.

Dont think you can buy either anymore.

Buzz

Comment

Hi guys..

Tuck shops were great..I used to buy the very strong Beef KP Sky Divers that often had a 'flavour Ball' in them that made you feel ill..and Cabanas and sometimes a Picnic!! and a bacony flavoured biscuit crisp snack thing in an orange bag..think they were called 'Smax'?

Rab ;0)

Fife
          Scotland

Comment

Kool they'res till going aren't they the Smax? and i loved Snaps too.

Comment

We used to buy home-made, or should I say school-made pasties in a bread roll - lovely.

Comment

Taxi's and Breakaways, Club biscuits too.

Comment

We never had a tuck shop - not at my primary or secondary schools - boo :cry:

Comment

Thats kinda sad, and think you missed out, well probably not.

Comment

Re: Tuck Shops?

When I was at school the best thing to get from the tuck shop was 10p Thingies! Beef flavour were best lol. In lessons they could last from break til lunch

Comment

thats sad might depend on when you where at school like primary in the seventies etc.

but i remember tuck shops great stuff was not a big user of it myself most of what i had was school dinners if they where good enough.
                        but if i was real hungry id get something from the tuck shop.

Originally posted by SG1973 View Post
                        We never had a tuck shop - not at my primary or secondary schools - boo :cry:
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i always remember buying 20p bottles of Panda brand fizzy juice, 10p plastic cartons of still fruit juice, 10p Chomps, and 10p crisps like Crunchies and Quarterbacks etc

Comment

I had about 25p a day to spend on sweets at the School Tuck Shop. I usually bought a Choc Dip or maybe Outer Spacer crisps.

Btw, take a look at this book, The Great British Tuck Shop.

Comment

We had a tuck shop at our school for a while but it got broke in to and so they stopped it ( it was a rough old place) so a few of the more buisness minded kids started there own one ( every break in the boys toilets) selling shop bought sweets at inflated prices .... went well till they got busted
                              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Working...
                              X