Tuck Shops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tuck Shops?

The tuck shop at my school was broken into as it was one of the gym store rooms & only had one door between it & the outside.

It eventually it was relocated into an alcove in the main hall
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I went to a very small village primary school so there was no tuck shop but an old lady who lived across the road used to sell sweets to us from her back door. I don't think she made a lot of money but probably enjoyed the company. I suppose that wouldn't be allowed nowadays, health and safety or something would put a stop to it. We did have one at secondary school though, and I remember the introduction of new sweets like Star Bars, Wham and Wispa being rather exciting!

Comment

cant ever remember seeing that sort of tuck shop before i wonder did she actually get paid by your primary school did she work or them by doing this.

Originally posted by LivedOnMars View Post
        I went to a very small village primary school so there was no tuck shop but an old lady who lived across the road used to sell sweets to us from her back door. I don't think she made a lot of money but probably enjoyed the company. I suppose that wouldn't be allowed nowadays, health and safety or something would put a stop to it. We did have one at secondary school though, and I remember the introduction of new sweets like Star Bars, Wham and Wispa being rather exciting!
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

No, she wasn't connected to the school. Just an old lady who set up a little shop at her house.

Comment

hi, new to this forum and i am so pleased i found it, brings back fond memories of childhood. just wanted to see if anyone remembered the 5p tangy bars which came in lime, orange and mint flavor they were ace, also highland toffee bar which had a white wrapper and picture of the cow/bull on it.

Comment

Do you mean Terrys Bitz bars, there's pictures on the forum
              Heather

Comment

I seem to remember buying a packet of beef Hula Hoops and a Double Decker chocolate bar from the tuck shop pretty much every day I was at sixth form college.

I don't think they existed at my primary or senior schools.
                "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

In our tuck shop in our school in Lancashire was actually vending machines
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

In my primary school our tuck shop was a proper tuck shop not a vending machine but when i got to my last school in 1990 it was a vending machine didnt like using them had to wallop the machine to get out what i wanted gggrrr.

Originally posted by twocky61 View Post
                    in our tuck shop in our school in lancashire was actually vending machines
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

We had kit kat and sunpat peanut vending machines

Comment

Our secondary school tuck shop was in a very old wooden shed. It was staffed by the Chemistry teacher, and also home to his enormous pet arachnid: 'Cecil, the Tuck Shop Spider'.

Comment

Anyone else miss the fabulously tasty treats known as Potato Puffs ??

Try Pom-Bears !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I remember Potato Puffs, they were nice, very messy though as they were so thin they broke easily, but i did enjoy them!

Comment

Primary school had a tuck shop in the mid 70's but our headmaster was a head of his time and banned the selling of sweets and crisps. He banned crisps first followed by sweets some 6 months to a year later. In the end the tuck shop stopped selling and disappeared all together.We could only buy things like fruit and veg slices there in the end.
                              Secondary school had a tuck shop stuck in a narrow corridor, could hardly get there to buy anything. It was also expensive compared to the nearest post office and shop. We used to buy on the way to school instead.

Comment

Tuck Shops?

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                                I remember Potato Puffs, they were nice, very messy though as they were so thin they broke easily, but i did enjoy them!
                                These Pom-Bears have the same taste and texture .. as far as I can tell .

Try some and me know !!

Comment

Working...
                                X