School - having a laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School - having a laugh

Thinking about it I did'nt properly like or appreciate School, but what a laugh it was now thinking about it in hindsight. Admitted some of it was a total annoyance - Teachers going on about Homework and your apperance etc but I had this friend of some other friends who lit up anyone's day and was such a laugh, who could make any dull situation bright.

How he did the Moon-walk was amazing, he just thought he was excellent which he was in certain way's, thinking he was excellent but even if you could go as far as to call him an annyoance he had no shade of malice and would never fall out with you - he was just a true entertainer (abliet he did not make sense in his acting/actions), but the fun he was - was amazing and you had to be there to appreciate his acting. Did any other members have fun recoolection's of funny thing's like this? It would be great to have any replies

Thanks,

80sChav

Re: School - having a laugh

I remember one boy who always seemed to make an off-beat remark at odd moments, which could either brighten up an otherwise dull lesson, or else get on everyone's nerves, especially if it was the teacher's.

Once or twice he brought the house down with some daft observations, which I couldn't tell if they were put-on, or really genuinely clueless remarks.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

We had a guy in our English class named Ray who was one of the funniest people I'd ever known. He was six feet tall, 190 lbs with shoulder length hair and vaguely resembled a Native American. He would sit in the back of the class and suddenly shout "Yogurt" and would have everybody, including our teacher Mr Talarczyk, busting up. Even though to this day I've never been able to fathom the meaning of the yogurt reference, it was still funnier than hell. And also one Halloween Ray came to class wearing a plastic toy space helmet that said "Space Cadet" and wraparound shades and started doing the theme from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

Comment

We had a rather smelly kid at our school called Martin - he was just unkempt and he did smell. In high summer sometimes the whole year would chase after him on the fields, round the school - even with sticks. The aim was to dunk him into an old trough with water. One time they all did it to him a teacher saw it and there was hell to pay...Martin was popular among some of the pupils so it was just weird they'd do this to him sometimes. He was pretty gormless too and it was funny seeing them chase him, then stop, he'd stop and be walking backwards slowly and they'd edge forward as a pack slowly and then the pace would pick up and the chase would begin again...

In certain chemistry classes or if we had a certain teacher covering a lesson we'd do funny things - group humming in a low, audible drone would make one teacher go ballistic! We had an IT teacher and some kids used to draw 'gentlemens bits' on the blackboard behind his head - why it was done was beyond me but sometimes he'd actually somehow be right beneath them......

There was also a kid called Edson who we used to 'blame things on' in Maths classes sometimes for a while. Once the teacher threw him out of the lesson as everyone kept piping up in a whiney voice: IT WAS EDSON....! If she'd say 'stop talking!' etc....pretty funny...I guess we larked about as it was straight after lunchtime...

Comment

In one of our classes we had a slide projector that had a record player that would play the slide presentation's audio. One day before one of these slide shows I substituted a Benny Hill record and instead of the recorded lecture we were hearing "Ernie The Fastest Milkman In The West"

Comment

We had a teacher that used the overhead projector for every other lesson she took. Which would mean an hour of copying(why?) what she had already copied onto the acetate film. So one lunchtime, I sneaked into the classroom and cut the plug off the projector and hid it in the desk of the teacher next door. I kept schtum and told no-one. Let's just say the uproar that followed is best left to the imagination.

Comment

Our maths class was relocated into an old room previously used for pottery. In each classroom was an old Belfast sink, I reckon that the plughole had become blocked with clay deposits. Anyway, our maths teacher (a gentle soul and a pleasure to be taught by) rinsed his hands in the old sink because it was a hot day, then a dreadful sulpherous stench filled the classroom.......

Well you can imagine what happened next, he said "And who is responsible for this?" The class joker said "Well Sir, who smelt it dealt it!"

He just carried on meekly with the lesson! Never forgotten it though, 1978 vintage!

Comment

We had a kid called Eugene who used to paint his shoes different colours, no reason behind it and when asked would just say " why not" one time he had a new pair of Clarks Commandoes (which we only agreed to have so we could get the free badge that came with them) and to everyones dismay he came into to school with them as nature intented, but rest assured the very next day he did us proud having sprayed them pink the previous evening ! Wonder what he is doing now ..... ummm
                When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

i remember in P7 primary school a fella brought in stink bombs and let off maybe 7 or eight just as the teacher walkked ion.
                  he was very strict and the look on his face as the smell hit him was priceless.

man we where all in stitches.hehe.

A few times i even remember some of us sticking chewing gum on the teachers seat.
                  and then him sitting on it.hehe.
                  that stuff is lethal.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                  X