Famous Five Series 1 out now on DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous Five Series 1 out now on DVD

To celebrate the 70th anniversary of Enid Blyton's Famous Five series of books, the popular 1970s television adaptation is now out on DVD. The three disc set includes the entire first series comprising 13 episodes.

Meet the Famous Five: Julian (Marcus Harris), Dick (Gary Russell), Anne (Jennifer Thanisch), their cousin George (Michelle Gallagher) and her dog Timmy.

Ruined castles and rolling moors; mysterious islands and hidden caves: the five can find adventure wherever they are. Join them at Kirrin Cottage, or away on their holidays as they encounter smugglers, scoundrels and spies. Thankfully, Uncle Quentin and Aunt Fanny are always around to offer lashings of ginger beer.

Based on the best-selling Enid Blyton series of books, this classic 70’s TV series also features the talent of classic British actors, including; Patrick Troughton, Ronald Fraser, Brian Glover, David Rappaport and an early appearance from Rupert Graves.

Head on over to our Facebook page and you could be in with a chance of winning a copy of the DVD set.

Watch a clip from the series:

Enid Blyton’s Famous Five - Season 1 is out now on DVD from Koch Media. The three-disc set has a running time of approximately 350 approximately minutes and is available from Amazon now for £21.37
    Subscribe in a reader

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Famous Five Series 1 out now on DVD

awwww I was a secret seven kid...........wonder if they'll do the same?

Comment

Gary Russell went on to right a lot about Doctor Who (both fact & fiction).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Russell
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The entire series is out at the end of June as well, it can be pre-ordered on Amazon.
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I clearly remember this series on telly,Even read the books that had the characters from the series on the front cover.Possibly the best adaptation ever.I will certainly be keeping my eyes out for this set.

Comment

Working...
          X