Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80s game/crafts with plastic cylindrical shapes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80s game/crafts with plastic cylindrical shapes?

Someone help please!!! I just cannot get this out of my head and its driving me nuts. When I was younger my sister and I played with a game/ arts and craft toy? I remember in the box was lots of brightly coloured 3d shapes like a cylinder, sphere, egg shaped etc and they all had lots of little holes in to perhaps join each other together to make something else? sorry its not much to go on but does anyone else know what I am talking about?

Re: 80s game/crafts with plastic cylindrical shapes?

I think they were based on animals? so you would attach the shapes together with sticks?

Comment

I was going to suggest polydron until you mentioned animals, you can find pictures in google images to rule it out.

Actually it also sounds a lot like ello (though I have to be honest I cant remember it in the 80's)

closest 80's equivalent to Ello I can find http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/gianttinkertoys0.shtml
      Heather

Comment

Thank you for trying but it isnt either of these ones. I am annoyed I don't remember much else about it other than the pieces were 3d so imagine a kinder egg toy container? and they had little holes all in them and you stuck sticks in them and they joined the other whole shapes together and you could make things and I believe it was animal based. The shapes were all different bright colours from what I remember (which isnt much!). I have spent hours looking it up but just can't find anything and was hoping someone might actually remember playing with it even though my description is rubbish! xx

Comment

Oo I have found something it was similar to - http://downtothecellar.blogspot.co.u...1_archive.html but the shapes I had had holes in them and you made a "V" shape with the sticks to make the legs.

Comment

Ahhh we've had the loony links posted before.... nothing comes straight to mind but I will keep looking, and hopefully someone else will actually remember it.
            Heather

Comment

Popoids?
              Heather

Comment

No not popoids but thank you for looking. I am beginning to think it wasn't just animals you could make but anything I just seem to remember making animals out of them. I can picture the box with all different sized shapes in and it was definitely based around constructing things out of these shapes but I can't picture exactly what I did with it ! grrrr

Comment

Im probably wrong but i had a game like that and it was called the beetle race!!

Comment

Originally posted by laulau View Post
                    Someone help please!!! I just cannot get this out of my head and its driving me nuts. When I was younger my sister and I played with a game/ arts and craft toy? I remember in the box was lots of brightly coloured 3d shapes like a cylinder, sphere, egg shaped etc and they all had lots of little holes in to perhaps join each other together to make something else? sorry its not much to go on but does anyone else know what I am talking about?
                    I'm guessing this won't be the answer but I'll throw it out there in the off-chance.

Matchbox Linkits
                    http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNj...Bdw~~60_57.JPG

Comment

My school had Popoids, I used to love playing with them. The sound they made was lovely.

Comment

Thanks so much everyone no its not Beetle or Link-its. Just wish I could remember more about it but maybe someone remembers having something similar and it might be the one!

Comment

Dinkie Doodles????
                          Heather

Comment

Heather you are a little miracle worker. I cannot believe you have actually found it!!!!!!!!!! the hours I have spent from just a little flash of memory. I am indebted to you!!!

Comment

Brilliant glad thats it and you have your answer at last ( it's on ebay if you fancy a bid)
                              Heather

Comment

Working...
                              X