Celebrity Squares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrity Squares

someone mentioned Arthur Mullard on another thread and it reminded me of the original show with Bob Monkhouse.

who else can you remember as a regular on the show??????

Willie Rushton

Comment

I think Duncan Norvelle was on it but I dont know if he was a regular

Comment

Don't think Duncan's ever been what you'd call regular, how about Arthur Mullard, he was on Celebrity Squares often too.

Comment

Wasn't Lenny Bennett on it? Or was he the host???????

Comment

Kenny Everett was a regular face on there as i recall. (along with the group 4 / mafia lookin security guy - face blacked out as always, because well!!, they'd hate to see him get mugged for allllllll that cash prize money- a whole grand of it) lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1973
              Wasn't Lenny Bennett on it? Or was he the host???????
              He was the host

Comment

didnt Willie Rushton usually sit in the centre square.....who exactly was he? I remember the face but dont have a clue what he did!

Comment

Sandra Dickinson? Wasnt she in it?

Comment

Didnt Lennie Bennett host "Punchlines"?

Comment

i only remember bob monk house presenting it....could be wrong.
                      i think frank (dats a cracker) carson was a regular celeb as well

Comment

Who was Willie Rushton? Willie Rushton was a comedian/satirist, who acted in and contributed to TW3. I think he was also involved with the satirical magazine Private Eye. I have one of his books, 'Superpig', which was the original bloke manual for men who had never cooked/washed clothes/done anything for themselves. The humour in it is a little dated now but there are still classic bits in there.

As well as being in Celebrity Squares with Bob Monkhouse, I seem to recall he and Bob in another programme called 'Quick on the Draw', shown on ITV in the early afternoons, which involved three cartoonists drawing funny pictures and then explaining to Bob Monkhouse what was going on. Bill Tidy was a regular cartoonist on this show.
                        Cheers

Armchair

Comment

Willie was in Those Magnificent men in their flying machines too, as an offical.

Comment

Re: Celebrity Squares

it was the british version of hollywood squares and only bob monkhouse presented it as far as i can tell after looking it up.
                            it ran from 75 to 97.

it had nine celebrities.
                            really enjoyed this.
                            http://youtu.be/J_K9I5Z-TNw
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Celebrity Squares

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                              someone mentioned Arthur Mullard on another thread and it reminded me of the original show with Bob Monkhouse.

who else can you remember as a regular on the show??????
                              I seem to recall these folks:

Amii Macdonald
                              Lenny Henry
                              Spike Milligan
                              John Inman (Would always say "i'm free!" when his box lit up)
                              Clement Freud (???)

Ironically...Bob Monkhouse had recorded episodes on his VCR, which had been wiped by ATV. These were only discovered once he had died.

Comment

Working...
                              X