No announcement yet.

early electronic music from the 70's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: early electronic music from the 70's.

Kraftwerk this time with the robots.This time showing traces of what will later be taken up by synth pop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXa9tXcMhXQ

Comment

Another piece this time by Tomita.Tomita is very much in the classical vein so was not widely known by many young people back then,but highly respected by those in the know.He seems to be quite rare live.I have picked a piece from an album that would give a good representation to his music.Possibly sounds quite odd to modern ears as often the music is pulled and twisted in odd ways which makes it interesting.He's really a one man orchestra.It also shows how many various influences made up the electronic music scene back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQAXC...eature=related

Comment

Neu.

I remember being astounded that Kraftwerks "Autobahn " was from 1974, then listened to Neu and found out where it came from.

Comment

there was a band from england called chickory tip in the early 70,s who had 3 hits that i remember..son of my father/whats your name/good grief christina and these were very heavily influenced by keyboards and synths

Comment

Always found JM Jarre a bit derivative. The early Krautrock pioneers like T Dream and Ash Ra Tempel were far superior.

Comment

No mention of this gem yet?

Comment

I love Kraftwerk,
                My favourite tracks are 'Tour De France', 'Numbers', & 'Trans Europe Express',
                I could listen to those three tracks on a loop all day long quite happily.

Oh yes, nobody on this thread has mentioned the awesome Yellow magic Orchestra.
                'Rydeen' & the 'Computer Games' stuff is particularly good.

Comment

For me it is and always has been John Foxx, although I adore Kraftwerk, Neu and Cluster too.
                  Omg Magic Fly by Space - I had that on a K-tel Disco Fever compilation album aged 11!

My favourite synth track EVER is Gordon's Gin by Human League.

Comment

here is an interesting fact.
                    The First Number One record to feature a synt' was " Son of my Father" by Chicory Tip. (a moog ).

Comment

Originally posted by poolshark View Post
                      here is an interesting fact.
                      The First Number One record to feature a synt' was " Son of my Father" by Chicory Tip. (a moog ).
                      That was a great song

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        That was a great song
                        I really like it, I wasn't born when it was a hit, but for years I used to have it on tape from 30 Years Of Number 1's.

I now have it on a CD.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by dwain-dibley View Post
                          there was a band from england called chickory tip in the early 70,s who had 3 hits that i remember..son of my father/whats your name/good grief christina and these were very heavily influenced by keyboards and synths
                          Early Giorgio Moroder productions. Son of my father was 1972 and a favourite of mine in my school days. Jump five years to 1977 and we get Donna's epic I feel love. It was a huge jump in synth technology when you think back.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                            There are a few albums of music from the BBC Radiophonic Workshop,
                            Quite a few pieces out of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop were released as singles under the name "Ray Cathode" in the early 1960's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhVYEgMrxOg
                            Last edited by PC66; 06-01-2014, 12:55.

Comment

Didn't Popcorn by Hot Butter come before Chicory Tip?

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
                                Didn't Popcorn by Hot Butter come before Chicory Tip?
                                Son of my Father by Chicory Tip beat Popcorn to the UK charts by about 6 months in 1972.

Comment

Working...
                                X