Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Clique/gangs/groups did you belong to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Clique/gangs/groups did you belong to?

What did other members have to do to follow the crowd as it were through wqhat could be desreibed/termed as a sort of a trend? I recall in Primary School many thing's as was for Secondary School, when Fantasy Football was popular through Shoot Magazine etcd in the play post formnat pre-internet day's. Even ifyou tried to do have a 5-3-3 format you be dissed etc for as much as you would for fashion traits that it got were that was a trait alone in a sense/way.

80sChav

Re: Thing's you "had to" do at school

Never done anything to follow the crowd, only ever done stuff if I wanted to, how I wasn't bullied to hell I'll never know.

Comment

'Had to do at school'?

Attend the bloody place! Lol.

I used to bring in Action force toys, then the other brats did the same and it became a bit of a trend...even though they didn't like me...

Comment

i only did what i had to do in school.
        i never tried to fit in follow fashions etc.

i remember pupils who did though.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          i only did what i had to do in school.
          i never tried to fit in follow fashions etc.

i remember pupils who did though.
          I guess this was siliar for me Darren, too. Though I tried both - following the crowd "and not" as it was, though neither proved a sucsess i'd say. It sure would be different now if I was a at school in Today's era though knowing what i know, but that's irrevelent really as time machine's are'nt possible and may never be so.

I guess regardless of fashion, eg how we had our ties etc etc and other oddment trends. I am sure that many a other oddment trend/traitexisted in varying spells/times too, Football Sticker Collecting being another to be with in the in-crowd as another one that spring's to mind the general of like in PE - being picked last and the whole group segregated into great sports-kids, average and poor and the 3 groups not ever mixing. I'm sure there are more, which i'll add as I recall!

80sChav

Comment

i did the sticker collecting thing but not to fit in..
            i was always picked last in P.E.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
            I guess this was siliar for me Darren, too. Though I tried both - following the crowd "and not" as it was, though neither proved a sucsess i'd say. It sure would be different now if I was a at school in Today's era though knowing what i know, but that's irrevelent really as time machine's are'nt possible and may never be so.

I guess regardless of fashion, eg how we had our ties etc etc and other oddment trends. I am sure that many a other oddment trend/traitexisted in varying spells/times too, Football Sticker Collecting being another to be with in the in-crowd as another one that spring's to mind the general of like in PE - being picked last and the whole group segregated into great sports-kids, average and poor and the 3 groups not ever mixing. I'm sure there are more, which i'll add as I recall!

80sChav
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Which Clique/gangs did you belong to?

Which Clique/Group did you mix with the most or belong to at Schoo, say Goths, Chavs etcl? I guess I was with the Chavs/Scallies/Trendy's - though always just on the edge of their Circle, never a fully fledged member - hence my username I guess

I don't think i'd truly call myself a Chav in the sense of one, only through their sense of dress. It would be great to hear what other Clique's members were in/joined in with at school and if this changed say after/and/or through College etc, after leaving School etc. Thanks.

80sChav

Comment

Re: Which Clique you belong to

Depends at which time of life your talking about.I was electronica(modern term which covers most electronic music) at secondary school but also got involved with several other movements from time to time at school,after I left I fell in with a bunch of rockers and ended up being a rocker for donkey years,I would of drifted happily earlier except that I met a woman at one of the clubs and settled down with her for quite a few years.After we split (on bad terms and many many years)I drifted gradually going back to 70's progressive and more serious rock.Now I don't belong to anything really.I think as I have got older I just seem to be more happy to be who I am and don't really care about being with the in crowd anymore.My music tastes have also expanded with age.Since most cliques revolve around music or fashion it's very much a young persons game from where I stand now.

Comment

Re: Which Clique/gangs/groups did you belong to?

In Primary school I remember it was you were either good at sport or not. If you were good at sport then you were popular because popularity was based on if you were the 'fastest in the school'. People used to get really hostile about it, often taking the mick out of your cheap trainers as a reason why they were faster than you. I was athletic and liked football so I was fine.

In secondary school I started quiet but I used to play football after school so got in with the 'chavs' so to speak. I wasn't properly comfortable though, being low in the pecking order and found a new group of friends who eventually became 'grungers' (people that listened to Blink 182, Green Day, Slipknot etc.) I remember being one of the first skateboarders (Tony Hawks on Playstation got me in to it). I didn't wear ridiculous clothes though and because of my football days I was one of those that could wander between groups and not get grief. It was weird though because I got into a lot of scuffles sticking up for my 'grunger' friends when they got hassled but then I'd also be friends with the 'popular' people who picked on them? I got some grief from both groups for being like that but I was happy.

I'm pretty open minded now. In music terms I like anything except chart music. My younger days remind me of trance and electro, I have an appreciation for 80's pop through my parents and from my school days love punk rock and metal. Strange how it all boils down to music taste as you get older . I love cars though (especially chavvy ones) so I like a taste of everything really. Most cliques are all the same when you look at them properly (the metal heads and 'scene' kids are by far the worse and despite their counter-culture views, are much worse than extreme 'chavs').

My happiest days were at Uni when I was massively into snowboarding and had shoulder length sweepy surfer hair and a goatee, wore my jeans too low and listened to Electro, Dubstep DnB and loads of Rock music with some Pharcyde, Jurassic 5 and a sprikle of Stone Roses. Unfortunately it had to go when I started work after Uni but the days of looking like a hobo are ones I'd go straight back to if I didn't have to work anymore .

Comment

I suppose when the clique thing was about in High school I was quite eclectic. I knocked round with some lads who lived towards where I did and the connection was football but it wasn't a clique. I also hung out with the weirdos, a couple of punks, a couple of metallers and one or two readers. At our school there wasn't much inter clique rivalry...inter year yes but not inter clique.

Comment

I hung around with the specky geeks who sat at the end of the playground talking about electro magnetic propulsion systems in alien spacecraft! I wasn't sporty or the sort to collect loads of house points or creep round teachers to get to be chosen as prefect. I did my own thing, still do. GEEK.

Comment

I was lucky to not have a too cliquey form, though I did mostly spent time with the nerdier boys.

Most of the time I was too busy to get that interested who I hung out with.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

in American films about high school you see all those social cliques and stuff, it's nothing like that here in Scotland, thank god lol

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            i did the sticker collecting thing but not to fit in..
                            i was always picked last in P.E.
                            Same for me Darren mate. We should have been at the same school - we would of done well together in this respect

I guess I always wanted to be with the Chav guys ... but was always on the fringes of their group ... but most where Chavs anyway so I dunno really what this say's lol

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                            X