This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me?.....

I know I'll probably be shot down in flames for posting this but it has been playing on my mind for a while. Is it just me or is this forum becoming repetitive? Most of the new threads follow the same theme they are just worded slightly differently. I find this a bit boring to be honest! I know you can choose to block people but if I did this I'd end up looking at nothing!
    This forum used to be fantastic with some great people posting. Most of whom never seem to even look in never mind post anything!
    As I said, maybe its just me...... (i'm sure its not though).
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Re: Is it just me?.....

I can't answer that as I'm fairly new here........the one thing I have noticed is...... many ( what appear to be ) new threads are joined on to ones that have been started some time ago ........how long has DYR been running? ..........I guess as it's not just used by people in the UK you will start to repeat topical things.

Comment

It happens in forums where the topic is strictly locked down to a time specific or topic specific content. Although there is plenty to remember and talk about that happened a while back, we can't really talk about it because it doesn't fall into the 70's, 80's and 90's. It's a shame really, I'd love to hear about what the people got up to on here before the 70's, and I'm sure it would be fine to talk about the 00's as long as it was earlier stuff. Maybe have a 5 year rule or something.

Comment

It's the same with all forums,after a while subjects do get repeated in one form or another.There are only a certain amount of things that can be said and only a certain amount of things a generation can remember across the board universally.I tend to try to find older posts to reply to before adding a new one.But it can become diffacult looking for what you wish to talk about when the number of posts on a forum take ages going through one by one back over several years.

Comment

The forum is 8 years old, we merge threads because people would rather have one and not lots on the same subject, other members only end up telling each other to use the 'search' if we dont!
          Heather

Comment

Why not have a off topic section a sort of members lounge to relax the rules a little.Most forums have such areas.Or at least an area for stuff that falls say 10 years or so either side.Some items cross over the boundary because they were avaliable before and after the 70s/80s/90s.
            sigpic

Comment

haha exactly where this is posted lol

Anything (within reason can be posted here)
              Heather

Comment

I understand what you are both saying. When it's the same people starting the repetitive threads it's no excuse really. I wont go into specifics as it would be unfair to single people out, this is not why I started the thread. I started it as I feel things are becoming very staid and frankly a bit boring!

Comment

oops!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by memoman View Post
                    oops!
                    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by memoman View Post
                      Why not have a off topic section a sort of members lounge to relax the rules a little.Most forums have such areas.Or at least an area for stuff that falls say 10 years or so either side.Some items cross over the boundary because they were avaliable before and after the 70s/80s/90s.
                      People don't use the members lounge. They just post stuff anywhere imo and hope the mods will move it. It's the same people every time too.

Comment

We do move all off topic stuff

Grange Hill, Peoples school day's etc are all from the 70's-90's our hands are tied unless they break the rules.
                        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                          Grange Hill, Peoples school day's etc are all from the 70's-90's our hands are tied unless they break the rules.
                          I never mentioned any specifics but since you have brought some to the surface I would have to agree I get a bit fed up of the constant 'grange hill/school memory' posts. They are all the same. Just worded differently.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                            I never mentioned any specifics but since you have brought some to the surface I would have to agree I get a bit fed up of the constant 'grange hill/school memory' posts. They are all the same. Just worded differently.
                            agreed. but they break no rules.
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                              You can be rest assured that I will not be the source of any Grange Hill posts (having only heard of the show in the last few months).

Comment

Working...
                              X