X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Pasts Most Serious Crimes

Originally posted by darren View Post
    wow yes indeed.

and of course the james bulger abduction i remember people saying it was the fault of the childs play film.
    It was Child's Play 3 which one of the killers had supposedly watched shortly before the murder. The police found no evidence he'd ever seen it (just that his father, with whom the killer didn't live, had rented it), but it still led to the BURN THIS EVIL FILM NOW! campaign from the Sun.. I remember it was also blamed for another murder where the victim was forced to listen to a techno song on repeat that sampled some lines from the movie ...

Comment

The first crime that I became aware of was the abduction and murder of Christine Darby in 1967. She was one of three very young girls murdered and their bodies left on Cannock Chase. I can remember at age 5 staring up at a poster of Christine Darby asking people to come forward with information. The Chase is less than a minute's walk from our house and it struck the area very hard. I wasn't allowed to play out on my own, not even in the garden. Raymond Morris was arrested and convicted of Christine's murder. He died in prison a couple of years ago. He lived in a flat in Walsall, opposite a police station. We used to pass it in our car when visiting some relatives and every time my dad would point it out to us.

Comment

The Yorkshire Ripper
        Fred West

Great train robbery of 1963

Comment

The unsolved murder of 13-year old newspaper delivery boy Carl Bridgewater in 1978. Four men were convicted of his murder but several decades later the convictions were quashed, and his killer or killers remain at large.

Comment

Moors murderers Brady and Hindley recorded themselves abusing and torturing one of their victims, Lesley Ann Downey. I have never heard that recording, nor would I ever want to do so, but I have read that those that had to as part of the investigation were deeply traumatised by it. Also, I read that the mother of Lesley Ann had to listen to part of the recording so she could identify the voice as her daughter's. I cannot even begin to imagine what hearing that tape did to that poor woman.

Comment

The abduction (and total disappearance) of schoolgirl Genette Tait happened near where we lived - I went to her school the year after...
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

According to the BBC, convicted child killer Robert Black was due to be charged with Genette's disappearance but died before charges could be laid against him.

Comment

Yes, I recall seeing that...
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Additionally, according to Wikipedia, Black is suspected of many other child murders, not only in the UK, but also in continental Europe. Some of whose remains have not yet been found.

Comment

Madeline Mccann's disappearance which is shocking and i still think the mum and dad did it . i could be wrong but i do see them very strange humans.

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                        The abduction (and total disappearance) of schoolgirl Genette Tait happened near where we lived - I went to her school the year after...
                        I have a copy of the newspaper published on the day I was born which mentions the incident.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                          According to the BBC, convicted child killer Robert Black was due to be charged with Genette's disappearance but died before charges could be laid against him.
                          It's hard to believe that my home city of Nottingham had been implicated more than once with regards to his crimes - Sarah Harper's body was found in the River Trent near Wilford in 1986, and two years later Teresa Thornhill was grabbed by Robert Black and he tried to get her into his van in the Radford area, although her friend was nearby who helped her escape from him.

Despite both of these incidents, Nottingham has never really been associated as being a place connected to the crimes - a bit like how Liverpool is always the sharp focus of the Hillsborough disaster and that Nottingham hardly ever gets mentioned. When Robert Black died, looking at the BBC regional news pages, the counties where his victims went missing, the news of his death was mentioned, but it was not mentioned in the counties where their bodies were found, including Nottinghamshire.
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
                            Madeline Mccann's disappearance which is shocking and i still think the mum and dad did it . i could be wrong but i do see them very strange humans.
                            Really ?!?

I’ve always presumed she was taken by some child trafficker/ gang ... they are always on the lookout for pretty young children apparently..

I find it difficult to believe that any right minded parents would harm their baby girl .. just makes no kind of sense to me ..

If the parents were both low life heroin addicts or something ... but they were intelligent , law abiding people..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The Pasts Most Serious Crimes

Not a great example but it gives the general idea

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                                Really ?!?

I’ve always presumed she was taken by some child trafficker/ gang ... they are always on the lookout for pretty young children apparently..

I find it difficult to believe that any right minded parents would harm their baby girl .. just makes no kind of sense to me ..

If the parents were both low life heroin addicts or something ... but they were intelligent , law abiding people..

I remember the Portuguese police had them listed as suspects for a long time after but seemingly didn't have any evidence against them.

Also if that had got away with it would they have kept such a high profile in the years since?
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X