Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pasts Most Serious Crimes

It's almost as if paedophillia was deemed nothing more than a "bad habit" within certain circles in the 70's. That's why so many people stayed quiet and so many kids were abused. Truly awful.

Default Re: The Pasts Most Serious Crimes

I remember headlines in the Daily Mirror about more Yorkshire Ripper victimes. The next major crime I remember was the hunt for Robert Black, who murdered Susan Maxwell, Caroline Hogg and Sarah Harper. I remember a drawing in the Mirror paper of a reconstruction of Susan Maxwell's disappearance. It was the little girl wearing a tennis outfit hitting an abductor with her racket. I remember reading that on the day of her funeral, her mother spotted a yellow rose had bloomed in their garden, think Susan had planted it or something, heartbreaking!

Many other crimes stand out for me, James Bulger's murder I will never forget, I cried for weeks.

I remember Jeffrey Dahmer being captured, also Denis Nilsen and his drains.

Jeffrey Dahmer is also believed to have committed murders in Germany when he was stationed there while serving in the US Army.

Jill Dando murdered on her London doorstep

Fred and Rose West i remember back in 1994. I remember at the same time Brookside was doing a storyline with the body under the patio.

Plenty of older cases which have became famous such as Mary Bell and John Christie, but as far as the 1970's onward goes, there was the 1976 school bus kidnapping in California:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/g...nap/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by PC66 View Post
    Plenty of older cases which have became famous such as Mary Bell and John Christie, but as far as the 1970's onward goes, there was the 1976 school bus kidnapping in California:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/g...nap/index.html
    I remember that one very well. The bus driver passed away just last year at age 91.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/19/us...t-91.html?_r=0

How about that evil Austrian man who kept his daughter hidden in the house for 20 years I believe, abused her etc

I remember the Fred West case breaking in the news when I was a schoolkid, also vaguely remember a news story about someone breaking into a girls' school, holding several pupils hostage and killing them with a knife. I can't remember when or where that happened though.

I had a friend whose mother had been attacked by a man late at night and was convinced he'd been Peter Sutcliffe although I guess that anyone who had a similar encounter around that time and place might jump to the same conclusion ...

wow yes indeed.

and of course the james bulger abduction i remember people saying it was the fault of the childs play film.

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    How about that evil Austrian man who kept his daughter hidden in the house for 20 years I believe, abused her etc
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL