Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Pasts Most Serious Crimes

Default Re: The Pasts Most Serious Crimes

Quote Originally Posted by zabadak View Post
    The abduction (and total disappearance) of schoolgirl Genette Tait happened near where we lived - I went to her school the year after...
    I have a copy of the newspaper published on the day I was born which mentions the incident.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Quote Originally Posted by staffslad View Post
    According to the BBC, convicted child killer Robert Black was due to be charged with Genette's disappearance but died before charges could be laid against him.
    It's hard to believe that my home city of Nottingham had been implicated more than once with regards to his crimes - Sarah Harper's body was found in the River Trent near Wilford in 1986, and two years later Teresa Thornhill was grabbed by Robert Black and he tried to get her into his van in the Radford area, although her friend was nearby who helped her escape from him.

Despite both of these incidents, Nottingham has never really been associated as being a place connected to the crimes - a bit like how Liverpool is always the sharp focus of the Hillsborough disaster and that Nottingham hardly ever gets mentioned. When Robert Black died, looking at the BBC regional news pages, the counties where his victims went missing, the news of his death was mentioned, but it was not mentioned in the counties where their bodies were found, including Nottinghamshire.

Quote Originally Posted by onthebusesfan View Post
    Madeline Mccann's disappearance which is shocking and i still think the mum and dad did it . i could be wrong but i do see them very strange humans.
    Really ?!?

Iíve always presumed she was taken by some child trafficker/ gang ... they are always on the lookout for pretty young children apparently..

I find it difficult to believe that any right minded parents would harm their baby girl .. just makes no kind of sense to me ..

If the parents were both low life heroin addicts or something ... but they were intelligent , law abiding people..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Default The Pasts Most Serious Crimes

Not a great example but it gives the general idea

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Really ?!?

I’ve always presumed she was taken by some child trafficker/ gang ... they are always on the lookout for pretty young children apparently..

I find it difficult to believe that any right minded parents would harm their baby girl .. just makes no kind of sense to me ..

If the parents were both low life heroin addicts or something ... but they were intelligent , law abiding people..

I remember the Portuguese police had them listed as suspects for a long time after but seemingly didn't have any evidence against them.

Also if that had got away with it would they have kept such a high profile in the years since?
    The Trickster On The Roof

Robert Black

Robert Black is a Scottish serial killer convicted of the kidnapping and murder of four girls between the ages of 5 and 11 between 1981 and 1986 in the United Kingdom. He was convicted of ******** assaulting one of the girls and of ******t he other three. Black was also convicted of the kidnapping of a fifth girl and the attempted kidnapping of a sixth. Black is also suspected of unsolved child murders in the UK dating back to 1969 and others in the 1970s throughout Europe. ..
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Our little town had that unsolved murder in a bus interchange toilets !!
    Where the female victim was supposedly slit from throat to errr nether regions and had her skin peeled back !!

I have been watching old editions of Crimewatch UK, and funnily enough, there was a reconstruction from an early 1990s edition (probably 1991) that resembled that bus station toilet murder - the victim was visiting someone in hospital, and paid the price as a result of missing the bus home and having to wait half an hour for the next one, only she didn't get the next one. She went in the ladies' and she didn't come out alive.

Another Crimewatch reconstruction was the murder of Sheila Egner who was an assistant at a Yeomans army surplus store on Mansfield Road in Nottingham on Friday 26th July 1991 - it was a robbery where she was killed. The man escaped with the takings in a box and was never seen again. The Murder posters were placed on the windows of local buses, community centre noticeboards, and other places as well for the remainder of the year at least. Cue the reconstruction showing a very nostalgic early 1990s view of Mansfield Road north of the City Centre.

Oh, and on a Saturday around the same time, (must have been Saturday 10th August 1991 as we had Day Rider passes on that day), we witnessed a robbery in a local jewellery shop in Nottingham City Centre, and I can even remember the model and registration number of the getaway car to this very day. Don't worry - we weren't hurt or anything - we just happened to be there. Central News covered it, and even Police 5 did - I wanted to record it, but my sister wanted to watch Top of the Pops instead, so I missed it.