First Film you ever saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Film you ever saw

back on track guys...... the first movie I probably saw at the cinema would be a saturday afternoon serial Batman, Rocketman or Zorro etc. First "big" movie was likely to have been Zulu with me gran
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Comment

Wow would have loved to have seen some of the classic films on the big screen, Zulu, the Italian Job, The Magnificent 7, the Connery Bonds..

Comment

Snow white. Mum had to shuffle me out half way through it cos the evil queen made me cwy
        Love is an invention by bank managers to keep you overdrawn - Rick Mayall/ The Young Ones

Comment

Mary Poppins with my cousin Andrea.
          sigpic
          Mrs Oggy
          ~~~*~~~*~~~
          Count your friends amongst the stars....
          And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

batteries not included lol
            sigpic

Comment

the first film i ever saw at the cinema was ET, and i remember being carried out hysterical at the bit where he's sick and you think he's dead, i was only 4 or 5.:cry:
              "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                the first film i remember seeing was either escape from witch mountain or a herbie film.
                oh gosh Escape from With Mountain i loved that movie i wish they would play it on tv again so i could tape it it was on Disney quite a bit when i was about 12 13 14 years old

Comment

in the theaters that i remember it was either Honey I Shrunk the Kids or Alladin whichever came out first i remember both @ Endless Mountain theater

my dad said ive seen a movie before that but i dont remember

i remember ET early on to and a lot of Disney Movies

first 3 movies i remember seeing on tape were

Dont Tell Mom the Babysitter Died
                  Suzie Q and
                  Curly Sue

Comment

The first Disney I saw at the cinema was Lady and the Tramp.
                    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

Mine was Peter Pan

Comment

The first film I ever went to see was E.T. I remember walking about 2 miles with my brothers up to the Odeon (i think) in Walthamstow.
                        "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Not sure if it was the first, but we were on holiday at butlins in June 1984, they were playing Superman , We were all watching it when we heard this funny noise, to my horror it was my Dad (bless him) snoring his head off !!!
                          Heather

Comment

Went to the local odeon on a saturday morning for the kids picture show but can't really remember what was showing!

But went with load of mates when we were 11/12 sat at the back smoking ( looking tuff ) & watching Watership Down ( Not so Tuff ! LOL )

Comment

I remember the days when going to the pictures was an all afternoon job, took the kids to see the reef, we were in and out within an hour and half
                              Heather

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the first film I ever saw was Star Wars (ep 4)

If it wasn't, it's certainly the first I remember going to see.

All the family came and if the reports I get from my mum are to be believed, I spent the entire film watching the screen rapt.

I suppose that it's coloured my life from then on. Lifelong movie buff that I am (particularly sci-fi).

The other thing for people who remember going to see the original Star wars, can someone settle an argument that myself and a friend have been having for years. "Duck Dodgers in the twenty fourth and a half century", was that played before hand at the cinema that you saw the feature? I say that it was and he swears blue that it wasn't. I know that it was made in 53, so it was around for a while beforehand. I heard an internet rumour (so judge from that what you will on the validity of it) that George Lucas specifically requested for it to be shown before the main feature.

I'm not so sure as he wasn't all that big before the advent of Star Wars.

Comment

Working...
                                X