First Film you ever saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Film you ever saw

The first film(s) i remember ever seeing at the cinem as a child was Petes Dragon and Disney's Rboin Hood

Comment

The first film i ever remember going to see at the cinema was "King Kong" the old B&W one.
      I have the memory carved in my mind of walking home from Hyde picture house carrying a toy rifle cork pop gun.With my older brother and dad,oh what precious things these memories are:cry: ....
      sigpic

Comment

I remember my dad taking me to see the 2 thunderbird movies in the early 70's at the cinema on the camp at RAF Brize Norton.

Comment

Originally posted by PWC1973 View Post
          The first film i ever remember going to see at the cinema was "King Kong" the old B&W one.
          How old are you really?
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Superman. I can remember queueing up outside the ABC Cinema in the late 70s which snaked up the high street on the Saturday afternoon I saw it. I can't remember watching the film though.
            Haven't queued for a movie for ages.

Comment

Either

Bedknobs and broomsticks or Star wars cant quite remmeber.

I remember seeing start wars and sitting behind the seats firing my imaginary gun as the x wing fighters flew in to blow up the Death Star
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by stevef View Post
                How old are you really?
                True really 33,that memory is true,I'm sure it was King Kong the B&W one.
                Could of been a replay!
                Did you know any of those lads i mentoined in my last message i sent you...
                sigpic

Comment

Can't remember. It could've been Ghostbusters like annie1 posted.

I had a huge fascination with Stallone's Rambo movies as well...

Comment

Originally posted by PWC1973 View Post
                    Did you know any of those lads i mentoined in my last message i sent you...
                    What message was that?
                    "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

1954 ( well most of you know I'm the Senior Citizen around here !!) I was six.
                      It was Hansel and Gretel and when they began eating the gingerbread and sweetie studded Witches house I threw up all over the cinema !! After that, If ever I was going to be 'ill' in the night I found myself in a room where everything was made of cakes,pastries and sweets, then I'd wake shouting Mum I'm going to be...... usually tooooo late

Same year, a few months later and it was my seventh birthday I was taken to see The Greatest Show on Earth. I still remember the Lions escaping from the wreckage of the train crash.

WOW !! Just been doing a bit of research - could have sworn it was Hansel and Gretel first, but it was The Greatest Show on Earth - 1952 !! I was FIVE and I know it was the premier because it was shown as the first film at the reopening of one of our local Cinemas under it's new name, The Essoldo
                      Last edited by Heather74; 02-09-2007, 20:38.
                      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Quest for fire.

It was the first film we ever rented for our first video recorder,we thought the title sounded amazing and action packed.And it turned out not to be it turned out to be about cave men trying to keeping this tourch flame alive to live.More educational...
                        Boring when your young.......
                        sigpic

Comment

'Dougal and the Blue Cat' at the Orpington Commodore. I was 3 or 4 - I remember how sticky the seats were!
                          Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                          Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                          While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                          Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                          -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Mine was Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too and Bedknobs and Broomsticks double bill, i also remember going to see Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back double bill around 1982 and totally loved Star Wars but Empire was a bit boring as a child. I think seeing Star Wars for the very first time at the cinema when young was probably one of the best cinema experiences possible.

Comment

6/8/74, my 7th birthday with my mum and dad. Run Cougar run as support to the main feature which was Herbie rides again at the carlton cinema on cross lane in salford.
                              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I think it was Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Still really like that film. I remember being taken to see Grease when it was released at Durham pictures. I was only about 5/6 and I can remember the night so clearly. Even waiting outside to go in and the interval ice cream!
                                Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
                                X