Kung Fu Movies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Fu Movies.

How many DYRers are fans of the classic 70s & 80s kung fu films ? a.k.a. Chop Socky flicks.
    Obviously the Bruce Lee classics and early Jackie Chan movies,
    But also the movies of Samo Hung, Leung Kar Lan, Gordon Liu, Hwang Jang Lee, Ti Lung, The Yuen clan, Alexander Fu Sheng, Bolo Yeung, John Liu, The Venoms and all the amazing Shaw Brothers films from directors like Lau Kar Leung & Chang Cheh.
    Plus other studios such as Golden Harvest.
    Personally I can't get enough of 'em.
    Anyone with me on this ?

Re: Kung Fu Movies.

have you ever heard of sonny chiba mate.
    he has done loads of martial arts kung fu films.
    he starred in a series of films 4 films with the following names.

Enter the streetfigter.
    return of the streetfighter
    sister streetfighter
    streetfighters last revenge.

sonny chiba was a Pivotal figure in the 1970s explosion of martial arts cinema as lethal "fists for hire" trouble shooter, Takuma (Terry) Tsurugi, starring in the phenomenally popular and ultra violent "The Street Fighter" series of action films. Sonny Chiba wasn't a graceful, fluid fighter like bruce lee but rather he was a ferocious machine that mowed down his opponents with his fists and feet, always with a menacing grimace on his face!

Chiba was born Sadao Maeda in Fukuoka, Japan in 1939 and shared a house along with four other siblings to a father who was a military test pilot. As a youth, he was keen on both theatre and gymnastics, and was a talented enough athlete to score a position in the Japanese Olympic Team, until a chronic back injury finished his gymnastic aspirations. However, whilst at university he took a strong interest in karate under the guidance of the legendary "Mas Oyama", and soon earned his first black belt. However, his life took another turn, when in 1960 he was discovered during a talent search by Toei Studios, and he soon began his screen career under the name of "Shinichi Chiba", appearing as "Space Chief" in _Uchu Kaisoku-ken (1961)_ (aka "Invasion of the Neptune Men). Over the next decade, Chiba busied himself with many appearances in Japanese crime thrillers and steadily built a reputation for playing hard men of few words and direct actions.

he has starred in ovwer 1 hundred and 40 films up to the present day.

check him out sonny chiba.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

but yes i love kung fu martial arts films be them old or new well known or obscure.

i also like the oldies like ninja wars and samurai reincarnation and tons of others.

check these out mate.

those i have mentioned i have them on video.

Comment

oh hell yeah, can't get enough of old school martial arts movies, especially Jackie Chan's old stuff, Police Story (the first one) blew my mind.

can't beat a bit of Bruce Lee either, but any martial arts films from that era are great though

Comment

I personally love all movies with Jackie Chan! Gretings!

Comment

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
            Jackie Chan's old stuff, Police Story
            Oh absolutely, The first Police Story is one of the greatest movies of all time in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
              Oh absolutely, The first Police Story is one of the greatest movies of all time in my opinion.
              everytime i watch it i just feel a surge of adrenaline when Jackie starts to run after the double decker bus and the awesome theme song kicks in, love it.

then the fight in the shopping mall at the end with people going through countless panes of glass is just simply amazing.

Comment

You simply wont get better than this. It's like someone crossed Father Ted, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and the worst action films you've ever seen. NSFW, has language, partial nudity and obviously violence. If you could call it that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPne3Wh0lqk

Comment

Kung Fu series starring the late David Carradine.

Bruce Lee films - Enter The Dragon, Game of Death and Fist of Fury (he made these strange noises as he attacked the enemy)

Comment

Not a big fan of Kung Fu movies as such, but like BL I remember the tv series and loved it as a kid..........not sure if it would stand up now though.

Comment

Sunday nights at the cinema,mid-late 70s. Kung Fu films were a staple! Some good,some awful! But it was always a good laugh with the boys!

Comment

THE ONE GENRE I DONT REALLY WATCH TBH/

a few films ive saw have martial arts in them but they are not really kung fu films.

they are films i very much like even if they had no martial arts in them.

films like legend of the golden vampires a peter cushing film.

Comment

I can't really remember how many kung fu movies I've seen over the years but it's a lot from classic Shaw Brothers such as the Five Venoms to stuff from Jackie Chan/Jet Li/Yuen Biao. There's still an awful lot I need to check out. So many movies so little time!!

Comment

36 chamber of Sholin temple my fav classic kung fu movie
                            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I had a bit of a phase about 5 years ago when I couldn't get enough of watching Hong Kong kung fu action movies especially those starring Moon Lee and Yukari Oshima (preferably starring together in the same movie). Those two kicked ar** big time!

Comment

Working...
                              X